Chapter 3- Prophecy

Softpaw was now visited regularly by Leafpool, in dreams. To talk about mates and stuff. Softpaw was surprised how much this cat knew about love and mates. "I..loved once," Leafpool announced one dream," but I was a medicine cat, and had his kits. His name was Crowfeather.." Softpaw sat in stunned silence, thoughts racing. "It's time for you to leave," said Leafpool, suddenly fierce. Softpaw closed her eyes and was back in her own clan. 'Leafpool had kits when she was a medicine cat!' "Um, Softpaw? And Crevicepaw?"

"Yes?"

"Yes?"

"Jaybird wants to see us," said Vinepaw,"now."

Jaybird was waiting outside the Medicine cat den. Softpaw,Crevicepaw and Vinepaw sat patiently and waited for Jaybird to return. He did with herbs in his mouth. "Greencough is spreading like wildfire," he said,"so I'm going to teach you a few herbs."

"So we can use them?"

"Yes."

He laid out a whiteish flower.

"What is it?"

"Yarrow!"

"Clover!"

"A white Blossom?"

"Right, Softpaw."

"This?" He laid out a leaf

"Borage!"

"Borage!"

"Borage!"

"Right,right, right."

Jaybird turned his head. "That's enough for now, I have Greencough infested cats to deal with. Did you see Riverfeather's kits? If not you may go now. Go, shoo!"

"Hey, Crevicepaw?"

"Yes?"

"Want to see your mother's second litter with us?"

"Sure," he smiled. Softpaw thought she saw her sister blush slightly. They walk to the nursery, the brown speckled cat greeted them eagerly. "Crevicepaw, here with your friend," she whispered in his ear," and girlfriend."

"Moooooooom, we're just friends!"

"Well ok."

Riverfeather's feather-soft fur moved so it hit Softpaw in the face. Softpaw fluffed up her plush fur. Riverfeather quickly apologized and reveled her kits. A dark grey Tom kit named Harekit. Softpaw felt the strongest pulling to the kit. Leafpool appeared at the edge of her vision and said," The soft furred eye and icy hare will forever be to together, in the stars." 'So this is the icy hare....' Softpaw thought.