Chapter 10

Dani's POV

I ask myself if I want to tell Jessie everything. A large part of me says yes, I want someone to help me out of this more than anything. But at the same time, I don't want to admit my weakness. That's what is holding me back.

"Why don't you just leave me alone?" I say rudely and she looks at me with hurt in her eyes but persists.

"No that is not what I'm gonna do," she says and I silently sigh.

"It's easy to forget me so why don't you just try that out," I snap.

"No Dani I will never do that, I'm gonna help you. How is it that no one but Lauren has even noticed yet?" Jessie asks me.

"I haven't left my room in weeks. Lauren brings me food but I don't eat it," I say and she looks so worried. I realize just how bad this sounds.

"I want you to be healthy. To be eating, to be exercising, most importantly, I want you to be happy," Jessie tells me and I can tell from her voice she's sincere about this. But I shake my head. I don't want to eat. Eating makes you fat and I don't want that. I want to look perfect. I get up and walk back upstairs, not interested in hearing any more pleas from Jessie.

When I wake up again at 8 am, I lay in bed as usual. I've gotten used to staying here all day, I kinda enjoy the peacefulness. Besides, I have my phone and laptop to keep me company.

Jessie's POV

I went back to bed but never fell back asleep. I'm not sure how to help Dani but I know I need to. Before she was cutting and now she isn't eating, I'm just so freaking worried.

I watch Dani roll over and grab her phone around 8 am and Lauren gets up shortly after and heads downstairs. I now know what I'm going to do. I know Dani will probably be mad at me but it's for her own good. I can't let her go on like this.

I climb down the bunk ladder and throw a hoodie on over my tank top. I keep my comfy pajama pants on and walk to the other girls' room and knock.

"Come in," Amy says and I open the door and walk in. Both her and Christina are awake but still in their beds.

"Can I talk to Christina a few minutes Ames?" I ask and she grabs her phone and leaves the room, closing the door behind her. I sit down on Christina's bed.

"Are you okay?" Christina asks worriedly.

"I need to tell you something," I start off by saying, "It's about Dani."

"Have you figured out why she hasn't really gotten out of bed in several weeks?" Christina asks and I nod.

"A few weeks ago she met me at my school at lunch and we talked. I found out she was cutting but promised I wouldn't tell anyone if she promised she'd stop," I say and my oldest sister looks heartbroken.

"She didn't stop?" she whispers.

"I don't know. But there's also something else," I say and Christina grabs my hand, scared. Some people only see her strength and forget she can get emotional too.

"She isn't eating. That's why she doesn't get up and if she does she's in baggy sweatpants and hoodies. Lauren knows about this but was sworn to secrecy." I look up to see tears falling down Christina's cheeks.
"How could I have not noticed?" she asks and I don't know what to say exactly.

"Dani needs help and I knew I couldn't keep this to myself. We need to do something Chrissy," I tell her.She nods and looks deep in thought.

"LAUREN CAN YOU COME HERE FOR A MINUTE," Christina yells and after a few minutes, Lauren walks into the room and shuts the door behind her. She looks at Christina and then at me.

"I told her about Dani," I say and she only looks half relieved.

"How could you break her trust like that?!" Lauren gets mad at me and I sit awkwardly.

"Stop it Laur, Jessie did the right thing. We're now trying to figure out how to help her. Any thoughts?" Christina asks. Lauren sits down and starts thinking along with us. We need to make sure Dani gets better which I know is easier said than done.

"CHRISTINA!!!!!" I hear Katherine scream. Oh no, whatever this is it can't be good.