Afterdeath (song fic)

⚠️ANGST!⚠️

Song: You Found Me by The Fray
This is the shortened version of the song!

I found God on the corner of 1st and Amistad

Geno roamed the gloomy streets with emptiness in his soul. The cold breeze hitting his bones, despite wearing a thick white jacket. He held onto his flowing scarf as he move forward.
He felt pain whenever he took a step, it never stopped because he never stopped. No matter how much this affected him, he felt worse.

Where the west was all but won

He had been fighting for his life these past years, believing that his future that he thought, would change. He never really did witness how everything around him shifted, it didn't matter because the better wasn't for him.

All alone, smoking his last cigarette, I said "Where you been?" He said "Ask anything."

Geno wrapped his scarf around his neck and sighed. He already faced it. Everything he was afraid he'd ever encounter. Questions flowed through his mind but it was never spoken, no one was worth to be asked by it anyway.

Unfazed, he reached the end of the street and was met by a building where his apartment lied. Entering the structure, he had no time to greet anyone in his way, he went straight to his apartment and settled down.

Where were you when everything was fallin' apart?

He sinked in his couch, contemplating as he touched the telephone beside him.

All my days were spent by the telephone,
That never rang and all I needed was a call

He sat by, staring at the telephone. When was the last time this rang? When was the last time someone called him? He couldn't remember, or maybe, it never happened.

That never came to the corner of 1st and Amistad

He felt something wrapping around his soul, it hurts. He has been longing for someone to ring his phone, longing for communication.

Lost and insecure

He gazed at the window from the 5th story, taking in what was happening outside. No, there isn't anything special happening, it was the same as before.

He lifted his eyes to stare at a taller building infront of his. It was too tall, and it was perfect. He's been musing about this, wondering if he did this, he would finally be free. He stood up from his couch and left his apartment. Once again, not bothering to interact with others.

You found me, you found me

As he walked, memories flowed in his mind, memories of which he was still satisfied with the life he had. It continued to circle in his mind 'til he felt distracted by it. Unaware of his surroundings, someone bumped onto him, causing him to lose control and fall on his rear end.

Lying on the floor

No one was helping him.

Surrounded, surrounded.