27. Beauty and the Beast

SCARLETT

Our warm,sweaty bodies sank into the bed when we finally pulled apart after what was probably the millionth orgasm in the past twenty-four hours.

Frankly speaking, I had no idea how I was still breathing, let alone moving- the man next to me, my mate, left me exhausted but mind-blown and fully sated with each round, no two times being the same. We fucked with passion, yet he also made love to me with such tenderness and adoration that my heart was overflowing with happiness.

Still, my stamina was certainly no match for his shifter endurance abilities, and despite that, I was somehow able to keep going. Like being with him was an endless source of energy. His touch brought every cell of my being to life, and I craved nothing more than to be close to him. One with him.

I closed my eyes for a second, taking it all in. The smell of sweat and sex that filled up the air in the room, the sound of our heavy breathing as we tried to catch our breaths, the warmth of the late morning rays that shone through the thin curtains.

When I rolled over to my side, I found my mate smiling, gazing at me with admiration.

"Why are you grinning like a Cheshire cat- planning yet another cunning way to seduce me?" I narrowed my eyes at him, but I already knew the answer through the mate bond that had become an embedded part of my very being ever since we mated.

"Like I need to seduce you," Callum chortled, earning himself an unimpressed look from my side. "Don't worry- I don't mean that I won't bother. Just that my feisty mate is as eager as I am."

"So, what were you smiling about then?"

"You," he replied without any hesitation, kissing the tip of my nose. "Us. The rest of our lives together."

"That's brave of you. What if I have some really annoying habit that might drive you nuts? Like biting my nails or leaving my clothes all over the place. Maybe I have terrible morning breath. Or perhaps I snore."

His genuine laughter echoed in the room. "You do."

My face scrunched up in a puzzled look as I tried to figure out what he meant. I did what- have bad morning breath?

"You snore," he continued with a smirk while my eyes widened in surprise and embarrassment. "But I told you already- I love you no matter what and nothing can scare me away. Plus, your snoring is super adorable, like a little kitten."

At least he didn't say that I sounded like a cute little lawnmower or a goose strangled underwater, so it could have been worse. But I really needed to find some flaw for this man because I wasn't up for being the only weird one in this relationship. That thought quickly vanished, though, when my gaze shifted back to him.

Fuck it- he was perfect as he was, perfectly mine!

Heat started to pool at the pit of my stomach again, yet I had to nip it in the bud because it was already super late. Not that we had anything to rush for but I was sure that Riley was probably worried over my disappearance, so I needed to let her know where I was.

"Well, Mr Rest of Our Lives, we better get a move on or we are never going to get there." I could almost feel his skin hum when my lips made contact with his cheek, sending a sweet tingle across my flesh.

"Do we have to?" he groaned with a displeased sigh. He would have probably argued further on this if it wasn't for the loud knock on the front door that caught our attention. "Ugh, fine! I'll be right back, but there are fresh towels in the drawers next to the bathroom if you want to have a shower."

It took all my strength to let him go after our lips meshed once again, his tongue plunging into my mouth. Every kiss we shared was a burst of euphoria, sending my brain into overdrive. It felt like hundreds of fireworks were going off in my head, making my knees go weak.