Chapter 3 - Sleep Overs

Skittles' POV:

Turning around, I noticed Stephie looked distressed all of a sudden. Though I noticed the big golden ball in the sky was almost over the horizon. Was it really that time already? "Hey Stephie, is something wrong?"

"oh, uh- I forgot my luggage, it's in the tank!..."

"Oh dear, well I can fix that for you Stephie, follow me, I'll get you and your luggage to your cabin safely!"

"oh yeah, and about the cabin... I have to wait until next week... But I don't know where to sleep for now..." hearing Stephie's words, I became speechless. Maybe I should talk to captain about this one (as in, bad captain)... Stephie and I went out to find her luggage. I didn't bring a torch with me though, so the both of us had to rely on the remaining light from the sun. Though the tank wasn't that far, so it wasn't a problem at all. 

Approaching the tank, I let Stephie go and get her stuff, keeping a lookout for intruders, but I noticed she was too short to climb up... I honestly don't know any other reasons as to why she joined the military. But then again, i was kinda forced to... So I went up to Stephie and picked her up so she could get to the top.

Stephany's POV:

I found it quite difficult to climb up the tank, I just wasn't tall enough. Last time there was a ladder, but there was no ladder in sight, and it was getting dark in only moments. But I noticed someone lift me off the ground scaring the heck outta me. I was going to attack until I noticed it was Skittles holding me so I could reach the top. He really is a gentleman, he seems to do everything he can to help me... I wonder what he will offer next. I instantly calmed down at the fact that it was Skittles and I proceeded to climb the tank, making it to the top in ease this time. And there directly at the bottom of the hatch was my suit case. lol, the only reason why I could see it was because it had glow in the dark stickers. And with ease I was able to get my suit case. 

As I peeked out of the tank hatch, I took in the scenery again and watched the remains of the sun set. And I noticed someone sit beside me, it was once again Skittles, he really seemed to care for me. Why does he have such an interest in me?  "Uh, Captain Skittles, remember how I said I have to wait a week before my cabin is available? Well, what am I gonna do?" I say to first of all fix my next problem, and break the silence between us as we'd been watching the sunset until it was pitch black. " Seems like you're committed to calling me Captain Skittles, but anyway. I'll check in with my captain, he'll know what to do, even though he's a bit... rude"

"I KNOW!" I exclaimed remembering the first treatment i got from this place, at least the rest was done by a gentleman. Wait, am I starting to call him my gentleman?! I think I'm loosing my mind, and the fact that I call him Captain Skittles, what is going on with me?!  

Skittles' POV:

I love it when she calls me Captain Skittles, I think she's cute, and a very clingy person, I'm surprised she hasn't refused any of my offers. Willing to get Stephany to a safe place, I leaped off the tank not caring about what I landed on. I gracefully landed on the ground followed by a roll. Looking behind me to see if Stephie was there, I noticed she was still on the top of the tank holding her suit case. "Hey Stephie, just jump down already!"

"Uh, I don't think I told you this yet, but I'm kinda afraid of the dark, and I prefer to see what's in front of me before I jump off... (yeah, Stephany hates the dark😔)"

"Just jump off, it's not that bad, remember, I've got your back, I'll make sure you're safe 😊" As my eyes had just adjusted to the blackness of the night, I watched Stephany to see if she had the courage to jump off, besides, war was going to bring much more than this... Stephany took a step back and I watched her jump off holding her suit case, but I don't think she could see where I was, and i fell over as she fell on me. "Ouch... Careful Stephie..."