Chapter 2 - Old memories and old friends

Steve's POV:

Adjusting to the weight of the box that Skittles handed over to me, I thanked Stephany and Skittles without knowing what else to say... it was quite unexpected... I had not seen Stephany in... years... Processing what just happened, we all went into Captain's (John's) small living room. There wasn't really much room to sit, other than the tiny couch, and the floor... 

Gently dropping the heavy box on the small coffee table, everyone gathered around to see what was inside, except for Stephany, who looked like she wanted to talk to me, in private... "Hey guys, I think Stephany wants to talk to me about what's inside, alone..." Everyone else seemed puzzled as to why Steve would suggest that, but Skittles looked like he had an idea due to the fact that he'd been talking to Stephany before they met Captain and I. 

Receiving another signal from my sister to head up stairs, I grabbed the box and went up with her wondering why she would want to present a gift alone. Don't you usually present gifts in front of friends? I asked to myself. Stephany opened a door to the closest room which happened to be Captain's study room, and gestured me to come in before closing the door after she went in also. "So Steve, it's been so long since we've had some sibling time together... And I just wanted to remind you of how much I really love you bro, and I'll hopefully remind you once you look inside the box" Stephany said shyly as she gestured me to open the box. Looking at her desperate face, I opened the box to see a contained filled with pink cupcakes with my face on them, though what grabbed my attention the most was the cupcake with both Stephany and I on it, the message was "I luv U bro :)". Never in a million years would i have thought that i really do have the best little sister in the world, holding my chest, my eyes began filling with tears of joy, she actually remembered...

Proceeding to dig through the box, I noticed an album filled with our childhood... (Steve's literally crying at this point😭) Stephany's straight expressions turned into a smile as she crawled towards me and sat down next to me, going through each album page by page. Remembering our experiences before our mom and dad died. One of the pictures was me pushing Stephany on a swing in our favourite park. And the other was both of us sliding down a wavy slide. Stephany then pointed to one of her favourite pictures which was when she dropped her ice-cream in the park, and I lent her my ice cream so she could be happy, she was only 4 when this happened. The two of us sat down together eating cupcakes as we remembered the good times before our lives changed. I'm thankful to have a sister like Stephany :)

Captain's POV:

Steve had just went up stairs to have his private talk with his sister, it was probably something really important, so I didn't think I should ask questions immediately after they came back down... It was kinda awkward sitting on a tiny couch with Skittles, even though we had an alliance with each other, we didn't talk much... Until Ted (sniper), his little brother (from tankmen infinity, i'm just going to assume it's his brother because I prefer Ted x Tankwoman), and tankwoman who'd come to say happy birthday to Steve. "uh, if you're looking for Steve, he's talking with his little sister, just give him some time" Nodding to Captain, Tankwoman began talking about some other new soldier that just joined the military. "So other than Steve's birthday, I met a new soldier today, and she's looking for advice and a place where she can stay tonight, do you think you could help her out captain? Cuz if you can, she's just outside your office,"

"oh a new soldier you say? Well I better help her out, make sure to celebrate Steve's birthday when he comes out!"

"Sure thing cap!" Said Ted's little brother (idk what to name him...)

Exiting my small cabin, I quickly bolted down the stairs wondering how long this new soldier had been waiting since Tankwoman told her to say in front of my office. Gotta admit, it was hard to navigate as all the cabins were identical. But I eventually saw a small soldier standing outside my office, she quickly turned around noticing the loud noises my boots were making as I approached her quickly. But I came to a stop when I looked into her face. She looked awfully familiar, like someone I knew very well from my childhood. She had golden blonde hair that was tied up into a small, short pony tail that just touched under her shoulder, she also had side swept bangs in which her right side was slightly longer and wavier than the other. And... those unique magenta eyes I knew no one else had... It was Ellen... It had to be her... "E-Ellen...?" thinking I was dreaming, I took my helmet off revealing my messy, jet black hair. Wondering if she'd recognize me. She continued to stare at me,  specifically staring at my eyes and examining my facial features. "J-John, Is that you?"