chapter 6

Ch.6

Well, Ant did an amazing job on the "invitations" to my party. He even went through the yearbook and picked the people he thought would be the perfect people to invite. I swear he could plan a baby shower for a monkey and still be excited about it. Before I had gotten to school, he had even gotten there early to put them in peoples lockers.

"so I wonder what everyone is going to say about the party tonight?" I asked amber on the way to school, "i wonder if anyone is even going to come? Ugh I'm so nervous, I've never invited anyone to my house ever."

"would you calm down!" she exclaimed, "everything is going to be amazing okay, don't worry. Ant sent me a picture of the invitations they look awesome. And he even handed them out already.

we both just laughed and rode the rest of the way jamming out to the latest pink song playing on the radio. When we pulled up, of course everyone stared at us. Holly just glared from the front seat of her beetle with a look of outrage on her face. At least this time I didn't have to make the walk from my car all alone. Amber and I linked arms as we headed to meet Ant and Corbin. Only, I couldn't find Corbin anywhere. He wasn't in homeroom or second period either. I was starting to worry about him.

I texted him halfway through second period, but got no response. By lunch, I was really starting to get worried until he called me right before the lunch bell rang.

"hello?" I answered

"hey Zya, its Corbin. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to school today, my grandmother passed away in the hospital this morning. " he managed to stammer out, "They thought she was going to make a full recovery from the heart attack but last night she took a turn for the worst."

his voice was cracking the whole time, I could tell he had been crying for a while. It made me so sad to hear him that way. "I am so sorry to hear that corbin! How are yo holding up? I know this has to be hard on you." but really I had no clue how he felt, I have never dealt with the death of anyone, unless you count the parakeet I had when I was 5.

"im okay, I think I might try to make it to your party tonight, you know get my mind off of things."

"yeah, Id like that for you to show up. It would make my night, and I'm sure I could help you get your mind off of things too." crap, I think that just sounded a bit slutty, that's totally not what I meant though. But he giggled a little so maybe he didn't take it bad...

"Okay, well Ill talk to you later tonight, bye"

"bye"

I had just barely enough time to get to art class before the tardy bell rang to make me late. I actually enjoy coming to art class, it is usually a getaway for myself. Since it is at honors level I don't have to worry about any drama with Holly or her goons in this class. They all have some kind of barbie class together or something I'm sure. This is my time to just turn on my iPod and zone out.

Today's lesson, we are suppose to pick a piece of artwork from one of the impressionist artists and recreate one of their works. This works out perfect for me because Degas is my favorite artist of all time, I could recreate "the ballet rehearsal on stage" without even looking at it. I love his knack for capturing the female body. Most of my artwork is pretty much the same as his, only a little more modern, so I decide to do my depiction of "the entrance of the masked dancers" the colors of the girls' tutus really captivate me. So I put in my ear bud, and turn up the volume until I am in my own world of blues and pinks and pretty brush strokes.

*.*.*

I was so into my work I didn't even hear the bell ring for P.E. My final and most dreaded class of the day. I stop by my locker on my way to class to put up my smock and grab my clothes to dress down in. I also brought an extra lock for my locker in the locker room so I wouldn't have my clothes "mysteriously" disappear again. Just as I open my locker, small folded up pieces of paper fall out and one envelope with something inside. I pick up the papers and start to read one.