Isobel's Surprise Visit

Chapter Fifteen

Damon and I raced down the stairs behind Stefan as he explained the current drama going on in all of our lives. "Isobel just showed up at the front doorstep," Stefan stated.

"What's she doing here?" Damon asked as we all continued to descend from the long wooden staircase.

"That's what I'm gonna go find out," Stefan said. As we all got off the steps Katherine, coming from the living room obviously, came into sight, standing in the front of the pathway that leads right to the front door. "I don't think you should tell her I'm here," Katherine said, obviously hearing our current conversation.

"What? Why?" Stefan questioned, looking back at Damon and I for a second. All three of us standing in front of her now.

"It's better if she and John not know I stayed in town after I got out."

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed," Damon retorted.

"I did what I had to do to get out of the tomb," Katherine made an excuse for herself. "Now I'm reconsidering my alliance." She brought a hand up to her neck and turned around so her back was to us as she took a step away from us three at the same time.

"What do you know?" Stefan questioned. She turned around dramatically, dropping her one arm to the side.

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on Team You. Besides, if you three ever need me to swap placed with Elena again...the less people that know that I'm here, the better," she answered. "Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart."

Stefan gave a half smile, all fake, and turned to face Damon on his right. "Tell you what, why don't you call Alaric," he suggested to Damon then walked around Katherine, grabbing his jacket on the table next to the front door. "And let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep." Then he gave a smile, making some click sound with his teeth and then was out the door. Well, he knows how to make an exit.

Damon glared at Katherine and then placed a hand on my shoulder, turning me around. We walked away while Katherine went back to the living room. Damon and I went to his room where he did as Stefan suggested and told Ric what was going on. I can't believe Isobel just showed up and she met Jenna, who no doubt had to be freaking out since everyone has lied about her being dead this whole time.

***

Damon dropped my hand as we got to the Martin's apartment. He opened the door and waved his arm through it. Seeing that, that worked, we knew he could enter. He stepped inside the place and smirked, "Yep, everybody's dead."

I rolled my eyes and stepped inside next with Bonnie and Jeremy right behind us. "We should pack up the Grimoires. They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe," Bonnie said, standing next to Damon, both infront of a dead body. I knew it was Jonas' body so it had to be his son, Luka, who I never got to meet.

"You know, we could just get another match and cremate him," Damon told Bonnie. I shook my head, stepping away from the two.

"Don't be disrespectful," she sighed. "Not to him."

"Fine. I'll bury him."

"What are we looking for?" Jeremy asked. Damon bent down and grabbed a blanket, putting it over the dead body.

"According to Luka's dad one of these contains a spell that will harness the energy left when a witch dies violently," Bonnie answered. So that's what we were doing here.

"I didn't know you and father witch were close," Damon commented, gesturing for me to come over to him. I groaned and helped him cover Luka's dead, burnt body. He died because somehow he like came as a ghost into the Salvatore Boarding House, went to try to remove the dagger from Elijah. Damon used a blow torch and burnt him to death to stop him.