When you look into the abyss...

A/N – Getting deep into the story...following canon with some adjustments, of course.

After getting teleported back in the Human realm, we find ourselves at the ORC office.

"Pardon my rudeness, but why are we still here? I am tired myself, and my brother here has something scheduled he can't afford to miss, madams, sir."

"Long story short, what he's saying is, 'we won, leave us alone already'."

Rias gets closer to the couch and bows to me. "I am deeply sorry about what I did. I guess my...desperation got the best of me in this occasion. The prospect of having the Red Dragon on my side was just...too tempting to pass on."

"You need not bow, miss. I hope that losing has taught what you needed to know."

"Thanks for understanding."

"Oi, Gremory." Ise interjects. "you are 'desperate'? You seemed quite the opposite out there."

"You see, Hyoudou-kun, Buchou here has...a bit of a problem."the knight answered in his Master's stead.

"That problem being?"

"An arranged marriage. With the 3rd son of the Phenex clan, Riser."

"That sounds troublesome indeed."

"I don't see how this is our problem."

"Miss Gremory, madams, sir. It just so happens that this endeavor you're currently in has...piqued my interest."

"Does it mean-"

"Wait, aniki..."

"Ise, it's the duty of a real gentleman to answer the call of those in need. And, this 'Riser' you talk about seems quite the intriguing character."

"Very well." Rias coughed, regaining a bit of her composure. "I humbly accept your assistance."

"Ise?"

"Tch. You know I'll follow to the end of the World and back, brother. Gremory, you all..."

"Yes?"

"Just inform us about anything regarding this situation. If you're really so 'desperate' then I assume he's coming soon to claim the prize, right?"

"You're...surprisingly right."

"Was that you calling me dumb, kitty cat?"

"Sorry, Hyoudou-senpai."

"Well, then. We'll take our leave. We have our business and you have yours."

"See you whenever."

We depart from the clubroom, leaving mixed feelings behind us.

Timeskip – Issei and Raynare's date - Issei POV

"Issei-kun, have you waited for long?"

"Honestly, I thought you ditched me."

"Hehe-, I'm sorry. I didn't know what to wear."

Yeah, right. Anyway, it's not my first 'date' out with a girl but I'll be sure to enjoy myself – I want to see what she's aiming for. Ddraig.

Yes, partner?

Be ready to Balance Break at a moment's notice. We're clearly under surveillance and we'll have to give our audience a good show, right?

I guess you're right. Is it the Nekomata?

Her familiar, to be accurate. Geez, she never gives up. I have the feeling that Yuuma, or whatever her real name is, isn't that much of a threat. I'm also curious about this dormant power Gabriele says is inside of me. Grigorij Rasputin...