Yearning: Part 8

Tiah sat in the medical bay on a comfortable bed with her leg bandaged. Her pants torn and her helmet still upon her head. She lay still as the pain meds worked their way through her body. Making her having a slight high feeling. She was grateful for the medication but wished they had another option that would make her less out of it. She needed to be alert. Especially with a Resistance member on board. The medical bay doors opened and Kylo walked in still in his helmet as well. 

"Leave us." Kylo demanded and the medical staff left swiftly. As soon as the doors closed Kylo removed his helmet and set it on the table next to Tiah's bed. His hair sticking to his face slightly. He pushed it back and then sat on the bed next to Tiah. She felt no pain at this point only bliss. Kylo could sense she was not her self so he removed her helmet for her. She blinked up at him and smiled. 

"Thanks." She said. Kylo smiled. A sight she rarely got to see. 

"I assume the pain medication has taken affect?" Kylo said. 

"Yes. Yes it has." Tiah said with a small giggle. She stopped herself and got wide eyed. "Sorry. I really don't understand why they had to give me this stuff. I'm fine really." Tiah said again. Kylo shook his head. 

"Your wound is deeper than it appears. The effects won't last very long." Kylo replied. 

"What we did..." Tiah said referring to killing the Resistance members with just a thought. 

"Was necessary." Kylo responded. 

"Was it?" Tiah asked. She was loyal to the First Order but killing all those people put a bad taste in her mouth. Kylo shook his head and changed the subject. 

"We arrive back at Starkiller in a few hours. You should rest." Kylo said and he started to stand but Tiah grabbed his hand. 

"Please. Stay." Tiah said looking at him with pleading eyes. Kylo looked into her mind and felt pain but underneath that pain he felt a yearning. A yearning for him. 

"We spoke about this." Kylo said. 

"You feel what I feel." Tiah said, her eyes drooping a bit from the medication. 

"And you feel what I feel." He responded. 

"Tell me. If I had died. Would you feel something?" Tiah asked. Kylo's eyes widened and his lips pressed into a hard line. How could she ask that? 

"No-one is without feeling." Kylo responded. Tiah sighed. 

"If you had died. I would feel something." Tiah said through their force bond this time. She understood that if Kylo were to ever admit he had any true feelings toward her it would not be out loud. Kylo leaned in closer to Tiah and placed his hand on the side of her face. Tiah looked up at him with that same yearning in her eyes. "I would feel like my life had ended as well. And to be honest. I think my old life ended the second we met. And I think you feel the same way."  Tiah continued. 

Kylo said nothing. He stayed there stroking the side of her face with his thumb. His eyes welled lightly with tears but they never fell from his eyes. He wanted so badly to tell her that someone or something was pushing them together. That somehow whether it be the force or the universe or something else; something somewhere wanted them to find each other. But he couldn't say it. So instead he leaned in and kissed Tiah's forehead. His lips lingers upon her soft skin for a moment. And when he pulled away he wished he had kissed her lips instead. 

But he didn't.