I've Been Fooling Myself

It was later in the day, after the school day had ended. Everyone was sitting in the living area, the television playing the news in the background.
"Grandpa called," Tohru spoke up. "He said the renovations are wrapping up."
"They worked surpisingly fast." Shigure said.
"Yes. The exterior walls aren't done, but most of the work's complete, so it's ready to live in. Grandpa said I could come back so..." Tohru trailed off.
That got everyone's attention. Evelyn and Lea looked at each other, both of them trying to process the news.
"Uh! Oh no! I forgot! I haven't started cooking!" Tohru stood up quickly.
"We can scrounge something up. Or better yet, why don't we just go out to eat instead?" Shigure suggested.
"It'll be fine." Tohru walked towards the kitchen. "I already have all the ingredients I need." She then shut the sliding door.
Evelyn sighed and turned her attention to the television. She was definitely not expecting for Tohru to leave so soon. She and the others had gotten so used to living with Tohru too.  Guess everything good has to come to an end.
********************
The day Tohru was leaving the house was coming fast. Everyone didn't know what to do now that she was leaving. Granted, they'll still see her at school, but it wouldn't be the same.
"There's some leftover salted fish in the fridge. It'll go bad before too long. You'll probably want to pick up soy sauce at the store soon. Oh, and garbage day changed recently, so keep that in mind." Tohru explained. "What else? Right." She pushed a small slip of paper across the table to Shigure. "Here, this is my grandfather's address. I'll leave it with you just in case."
"I guess tommorow's the big day." Shigure said. "You've done so much for us. Thank you."
"No! Thank you," she replied. "And I promise, you can trust me. I'll take the Sohma and Elsher secret to the grave."
"You'll enjoy being home again, won't you?" Lea asked her.
Tohru smiled. "Oh, yes. I'll settle back in just fine!" She stood up. "Well, I should go pack up my room and get ready for moving day." Tohru walked out of the room and up the stairs.
"I half-expected you three to stop her." Shigure pointed out as he turned his attention back to his paper.
"Why would we?" Evelyn said.
"This was always going to be a temporary living arrrangement." Yuki explained.
"I wish it wasn't," muttered Lea.
"Rat boy's right," Kyo said laying down on the deck outside. "Weird thing isn't her going home. It's that she ever stayed here at all."
Evelyn laid her head down on the table, tears welling up in her eyes.
********************
"Evidently, she's gone." Shigure said as he noticed a note on the table. "Not terribly sentimental as far as goodbyes go."
Evelyn watched as Yuki put on his dress shoes and walked away towards the front.
"Well, that was a clean parting." Shigure picked up the note. "Even so, you left a lot of melancholy in your wake."
"She's already gone?"
Both Evelyn and Shigure turned to see Lea standing there rubbing away the sleep in her eyes. They nodded solemnly.
"Well, this sucks," she said as she sat down.
"It was bound to happen sooner or later. This wasn't going to last forever." Evelyn explained. "I miss her already."
Lea nodded glumly.
********************
Kyo was agitated. He kept pacing back and forth across the deck in a frenzy.
"Would you stop? That angry pacing is distracting me." Yuki said as he read his book.
"If it bothers you so much, then go read in your room!" Kyo stomped. He turned around to the outside. "What's with them? Kicking her out for some renovations, then casually summoning her back when they're over with?"
"What else would they do? Seems perfectly normal to me." Yuki replied.
"It isn't normal at all! They're treating her like she's disposable, like what she wants doesn't even matter."
Lea chuckled. "This from the idiot who left home without so much a word and dropped off the map for four months."
"You wanna fight, Lea? 'Cause I'm ready!" Kyo challenged.
"Alright, get your cat claws out and I'll get mine." Lea gestured her hand in a claw position.
Evelyn tugged at her grey pullover.
"You're the angry one. But if you want a beating, then let's go." Lea stood up.
"Alright! Outside Little Lion!" Kyo clenched his fist.
"Will you children please calm down? My poor house can't take it." Shigure begged them. It was bad enough that Yuki and Kyo are usually responsible for the house getting damaged, but with Lea and Kyo, it is ten times worse.
"I'm zen." Lea said.
"I'm calm as hell!" Kyo shouted.
"Clearly," said Shigure hiding his face with the newspaper.
"Dammit!" Kyo exclaimed laying down across the deck.
Yuki noticed the slip of paper that Tohru left on the desk and eyed it for a second. He set his book down. "I'm gong to take a walk." He took the piece of paper and left.
Suddenly, Kyo stood up and began to walk around the room, clearly looking for something.
"If you're looking for the note Tohru left, you're out of luck. Yuki took it." Shigure said.
"That bastard," Kyo exclaimed and stormed out.
Shigure chuckled to himself.
Lea looked at him with an irritated glance. He totally wanted that.
********************
To say Evelyn was bored, was an understatement. She sat at her desk trying to find something to do but to no avail. She fiddled with her hair and left it in a braid. Usually, she would go across the hall to Tohru's room, but she wasn't there. All that remained was an empty guest room. She stood up and walked over to her bed to try and sleep, but stopped as she caught something in her window. She peered closer and her eyes widened. Without thinking, she slammed her door open and ran down the stairs.
Lea, who was watching television turned to see Evelyn sprinting down the stairs. "What the hell?"
Evelyn opened the door and stood there in shock. Standing in front of her was Yuki and Kyo with Tohru in tow. The two girls smiled at each other.
"I'm back," said Tohru. She went to say more but was cut off by Evelyn hugging her tightly.
"Welcome home, Tohru." Evelyn greeted.

.......~~~~~~.......
Hey guys, I know it's been a while but I just haven't been feeling this story. I feel like the chapters are getting worse, but...I don't know. Anyways, hope you enjoy this short chapter.