What's Wrong With Being An Outsider

After the whole incident of finding out Kyo was gonna go to the same school as them, Evelyn tried to be optimistic, but it was hard. There were so many ways that this could go wrong. She knew that if someone provoked Kyo, the whole classroom could go upside down. She watched with Tohru and her friends Uotani and Hanajima, nervousness creeping in her body as a bunch of girls surrounded him asking him questions.
"Do you think he looks nervous?" Evelyn leaned over to Lea who was standing beside her.
"I think he's gonna blow any second."
"He's terrified." Tohru pointed out.
"Hey, Yuki, I hear that's your cousin," a student said as Yuki walked through the doors.
"Why haven't you introduced us already," another student asked.
Yuki sighed. "Sorry, Senpai. It's true that we're technically cousins, but I've never spoken to him before."
Evelyn cringed at the smirk on Yuki's face. You're just making this worse!
"I'm diggin' his carrot top. Maybe 'cause it kinda reminds me of the blazing hair your mom use to have, Tohru." Uotani said.
"Yeah. Now that you say that, I see it." Tohru replied.
"I feel them," Hanajima spoke up. "His strong waves are exactly the same as Yuki Sohma's, as well as Lea and Evelyn's."
Both Lea and Evelyn tensed up and began to back away. Suddenly, they heard a chair being scooted back and saw Kyo standing up. A classmate went to touch him, but he pinned her to the ground, the girl crying in pain. Immediately, Lea and Evelyn ran towards him.
"Everybody leave me alone!" Kyo shouted as he opened the window and jumped out the window and ran.
"This is gonna be a fun year." Lea remarked.
Evelyn sighed.
********************
Eventually, Lea, Yuki, and Evelyn found Kyo hiding in a sort of alley in the school yard.
"Hey," Yuki spoke up causing Kyo to look at him. "Would you try thinking before you cause a big scene like that?"
"Why do you go here? The place is crawling with girls. You're insane." Kyo said.
"It's better than being forced to go to the all-boys' school Akito picked. I want at least one foot outside of the Soma cage. I can't understand why you want to be inside it so badly."
Kyo growled. "Course you don't! You'd never understand! I'm gonna win! I'll beat you and become a full- fledged member of the Sohma Clan! I won't let them ostracize me anymore, you hear me?"
Kyo grabbed Yuki's shirt and began to tug at it. Evelyn tried to pull them apart, but Kyo shoved her into the wall without even looking. She let out a sound of pain as her back made contact with the concrete wall. Tohru, who saw the whole thing, ran to Evelyn to make sure she was alright.
"Are you okay?" Lea asked her.
Evelyn nodded in reply. She looked up to see Yuki staring at her in worry while Kyo was shocked.
"I'm fine," she said. "I'm used to getting shoved into walls." Evelyn then walked away, Lea and Tohru chasing after her.
Yuki sighed. "You really are hopeless."
Kyo, who didn't say anything, just looked down at his hand and clenched it into a fist.
********************
After the incident with Kyo, Evelyn went to the nurse and came up with the excuse that she fell and hit the wall. The nurse just gave her an ice pack and she returned to class. Once she got home, she pulled up her shirt to see that it didn't leave a bruise on her. That's good.
She changed out of her school uniform and into a hoodie and shorts while putting her hair up into a loose ponytail. She plopped onto her bed and stared up at her ceiling absentminded. A knock sounded at her door causing her to sit up.
"Evelyn," the voice said outside her door.
Her eyes widened as she realized it was Kyo who knocked. "Come in," she said.
Kyo walked in and shut the door, his hair covering his eyes.
"Did you need something?" Evelyn asked him as she noticed him clenching his fist.
"I came to..."
Evelyn waited to hear the rest of his sentence.
"I came to apologize," he finished.
Evelyn was surprised by this. Kyo never apologized to her about anything. Well, there was one thing, but they don't talk about it.
"Apologize about what?" Evelyn asked.
Kyo looked at her like she had two heads. "Do you not remember me shoving you into a wall?!"
"Kyo, you didn't have to apologize. I shouldn't have gotten in the middle of you two. Besides, I forgave and forgot about it."
"Fine, then I take it back."
Evelyn laughed at that. Her smile faded as she thought about the conversation he had with Yuki. "I don't understand though."
Kyo noticed the shift in her voice and looked up at her.
"I don't know why you try so hard to be a part of the zodiac. I mean, I did too, but I gave up a long time ago. The pain...just wasn't worth it."
"Because, Evelyn, I don't want to be an outsider my whole life."
"What's wrong with being an outsider?!"
The two stood there in silence not knowing what to say. Evelyn sighed, "Look, let's not talk about this anymore."
Kyo nodded and left the room shutting the door behind him. Evelyn rubbed a frustrated hand against her face and jumped on her bed.

.......~~~~~~.......
Hey guys!!! I promised I would give you guys a chapter today and I delivered. However, I feel like this chapter is kind of not my greatest, but I wrote this really late so my lack of brain took part in this. I just wanted to show some more Kyo x Evelyn moments because they are my faves. Anyways, love you all and I'll see you guys on Monday.