7|Skeletons In That Closet

"I'm done with all this", David screamed.

"What do you mean you're done", Charles barked in fury.

"Look, I have a family and two daughters to protect. I can't do this anymore".

"You have two daughters?".

"Yes they're twin".

"What a beautiful coincidence", Charles said with a smile depicting mischief playing beautifully on the corners of his mouth.

That was about fifteen years ago when Elizabeth was pregnant with twin girls.

David Jacobs, when he was about 21 years old joined a group which was more or less a mafia in Oxford University when he was pursuing a degree in Medicine and Surgery. They were the most feared people on campus. They were damn rich and even some of them were on drugs. David was just a naive, rich young man who wanted a bit of fame on campus. By the time he had an overdose of it he wanted to leave . But in such things there's only one way— the way in.

He wanted to leave when he met Elizabeth, his wife. He didn't want to lose her. Epitome of beauty, smart, well-mannered, humble, not crazy over money and a whole lot more. He didn't want her to even know he was a member of this 'group'.

They got married right after med school and luckily enough she didn't find out because he was gradually cutting himself off his toxic friends.

When Charles the leader of this mafia got to know David's wife had twin girls yet to be born , he had only one thought running through his mind— ask for one of the girls.Coincidentally, Elizabeth was not aware of the twins and since she was scheduled for Caesarean Section, things just got easy and interesting.

"So David, you are going to give me one of the girls".

"How on Earth! What are you going to her for? How are you going to take care of a baby?".

"I'm going to take care of her , take her to the best schools and she'll be my assistant". Charles replied enjoying the turn of events.

"Can't I do something else?".

"No! If you don't comply your wife will know of all your criminal activities and all you did in uni. Even that alone is enough to break that marriage. She'll leave you forever. The choice is yours. Since she'll have a surgery, just pretend as if you were sending the babies home when she's still unconscious and bring me one of them. Simple!".

All he did was to cry himself to sleep after he did this. He managed to control himself after everything. Seeing his wife with one girl instead of two, pained him always. He had hidden the hospital documents in his safe in the basement. He didn't want to burn it because he would definitely attract attention with the numerous smoke detectors that littered their mansion.

Now about fifteen years later this same devil christened Charles was attempting to get his second daughter. He told him to find him another girl for their malicious acts but that was just a few days before he left for the training course in UK. There was nothing he could do at that time.

And not too long ago he heard about an kidnapping attempt made on Manuella. He was confused beyond human comprehension.

He remembered receiving a threat message saying, " If you don't get me the girl before the year ends, your second daughter will fill that space , believe me. I sent those people not to harm her but to let you know that I still am capable of doing anything I want to do". It was from Charles. He had to ask his mother to bring Manu to stay in their house. At least the security systems would be of immense help. He had to get the girl he was asking for because it was three weeks to end of the year.

One unique thing about David was that he was able to control his emotions to the extent that nobody suspected a single thing , not even his very smart wife.

After some days Manu was safely in the highly-secured mansion with her aunt, Felicia and Mabena to keep her company. Even then he was still on edge. Manuella was texting him about the whole thing and he comforted her that everything would be fine.

The ever-curious Manu would never leave matters like this to rest without further probing.

She was going to investigate and find out why some people were after her and the people involved.

She texted Audrey that she had arrived and there was a problem at hand.

Manu: So who do you think can help us on this mission?

Audrey: Jason and our one and only Emmanuel.

Manuella blushed at the thought.

Manuella: So ask them and see if they would be ready to help.

Audrey: I'll inform you once I get any feedback.

Manuella: I'll be waiting.

After about ten minutes  Audrey texted her confirming that they would help.

Manuella: I think we have a mission for Christmas. Let's meet on Saturday at my place. Inform them.

Audrey: Of course we do , Detective Manuella Jacobs!

The thought of been a teen detective made her wonder. She was going to milk out information using this mission.

"I'm gonna look this mission in the eye and give it a wink", Manuella said to herself before briefing Mabena of the current issues on the journey ahead of them.

A/N: Please vote and comment, it gives me that zeal to give you more amazing content. Tell me your thoughts in the comment section. Inform me of any flaws. Btw, I hope you enjoyed it. Have a blessed 😇 time".

Etornam.