When There's To Much Drama At School (All You Gotta Do Is Walk Away)

How would one react when they find out their father was one of the richest people on Earth? Marinette didn't know. She was pretty sure she was in shock but it was kind of hard to tell because all her brain could process was that Bruce Wayne was her father.

It wasn't until Tikki and all the other kwamis had kept yelling at her that it was time for patrol with Chat did she realize that she had been laying in her bed for an hour or two.

She shook her head and transformed before jumping off the balcony and towards the Eiffel Tower.

"Bonjour, M'Lady," Chat said, kissing the back of hand as she landed next to him. "Hey, Chaton," she said in a daze.

"Okay, what's going on? You weren't even like this when my father complimented your designs," he teased.

"I found out who my real father is," she said. The atmosphere changed.

Chat had a look of surprise on his face, his jaw had dropped. "Your mom told you?" She nodded her head. She pulled out her yoyo, and pulled out the paper with the DNA results and handed them to her boyfriend.

She turned to face the city, not looking at him.

"Holy shit! Your father is Bruce-"

She clapped her hand over his mouth. "Adrien!" she whispered harshly, "Don't yell it out."

"Holy crap, that means that your mom-"

"Yes, I know. You don't need to tell me. I know how it works," Marinette said.

"Does he know?" Chat asked. "I didn't even think to ask that," Marinette said. "I've had a lot on my plate lately and this news definitely didn't help," Marinette said.

"You want me to take the Miracle Box? It would help if you didn't have a lot of miniature gods interrupting every five minutes," Adrien said.

"You would do that? That's super helpful! Thank you, thank you, thank you," she pressed a kiss to his cheek after every word.

"Now, I'll take North and South and you take East and West?" he asked.

"Sounds like a plan. See you tomorrow, Minou," and she zipped away.

__________

When Marinette and Adrien went to school (hand in hand, obviously) they were surprised to see the class chatting in one big group.

"What's going on?" Adrien asked, letting go of Marinette's hand.

"Oh mon dieu, you haven't heard? Remember when we did that project for the Martha Wayne Foundation," he felt Marinette tense beside him, "Well, what the teachers didn't say was that whoever came up with the best proposal for the company would be able to go over to Gotham and visit Wayne Enterprises! But because Friendship week is coming up we get to stay an extra week!"

And wow, there was a lot to unpack in the statement. Like now knew that her grandmother, her real grandmother and grandfather, were so famous that everyone knew what they did and who they were.

And now, she was going to her father's hometown city for nearly a month! Oh, was it normal to feel like she can't breathe. Of course, it was normal... well, for her at least.

"Marinette, are you okay?" Adrien asked, resting his hand on her back. She shook her head. "Come on, let's go outside," he said, leading her to the door.

After a few minutes, Marinette caught her breath (and Adrien caught her lips) and they joined their friends in the classroom.

"Oh, Marinette. You didn't have to worry about going to Gotham. Batman will save you because we're just like this," she said, crossing her fingers.

"Oh," Marinette plastered on a fake smile, "How do you know Batman?"

Lila put on a bigger smile which was as fake as Kim Kardashian's butt. "I visited once to see Dami-Boo, that's my boyfriend, and the Joker had kidnapped us! Luckily, Batman got to us in time and we've stayed close since."

The class all exploded in chatter, asking Lila question after question.

Marinette and Adrien sat down in the back, their seats since the beginning of the year, and began conversing.

"Didn't she say last week she was dating XY?" Adrien whispered. "No, she said Lenni-Kim last week," she said.

"How come we get stuck with her again?" Marinette grumbled.

"Because c'est la vie, mon amour," Adrien said, kissing her temple. "Who do you think Dami-Boo is?" Marinette asked. She handed him her other airpod.

The sound of Jagged Stone's newest hit filled his right ear. "Probably Damian Wayne," he said. Marinette instantly started to choke, catching the attention of the class.

"Sorry," she coughed, "Choked on air. Go back to your conversations," she coughed again. "Ew, that is disgusting. Don't ever say that again," she said.

"Can you imagine? Lila being your sister-in-law," he said. "Fuck off, Agreste," she said, flipping him off. "Meow-ch, M'Lady."

"Good morning, class," Ms. Bustier walked in as the bell rang. Everybody moved to their assigned seats.

Dieu, this was going to be a long week.