Chapter Three

It had been a few weeks since Arcturus's trip to Rivendell, he had been training nonstop since he encountered some orcs.

Cassiopeia, upon learning of the fierceness of the spiders, opted to stay within the kingdom. He feared death, and refused to leave Aerin's side.

Arcturus was currently perched up in a tree, not far from the gates of Mirkwood. He kept his eyes keen as he looked around for any signs of danger or something unusual. After about half an hour later, he gave up and slumped against the trunk of the tree he was sat in.

"Arcturus!" Lorelei called as the said older she-elf came running up to her son in a hurry. Arcturus looked down at his mother and jumped down from the tree, landing in front of the elder she-elf.

"Yes, Naneth?" (Yes, mother?) The brunette replied, looking at Lorelei in confusion.

"I hir wishes na see cin." (The lord wishes to see you) Lorelei spoke quickly, dusting off her son. It appeared that she had been frantically searching for him. Maybe he was late for patrol?

"What an?" (What for?) Arcturus asked as he followed Lorelei towards the Kings Halls, back inside the kingdom. His mother seemed to be hurrying him along, pulling at his sleeves and walking at a fast pace.

"Im ceri- ú- know." (I do not know.) Lorelei replied as she led the way to where the elven king was.

Arcturus and Lorelei made it to the Halls of Thranduil. However, Lorelei had to get back home, as Remi was currently alone so she gave her son a small hug and returned in the direction she came.

Arcturus continued his small journey to the king, walking past the guarding elves, who nodded to him as he entered. He stopped at the stairs, where another set of guards stood.

"Nin hir." (my lord.) one of the guards said, not moving from his post. Arcturus bit his lip, was he in trouble?

"Tul." (come.) the king called. Arcturus walked further up the stairs to the platform below the throne. Bowing to the king, Arcturus noticed the prince, Legolas, standing near him. Legolas seemed to be observing Arcturus with curious eyes. Arcturus recalled when he had met Legolas a few weeks before but he hadn't seen him since.

"Alatúlië, Arcturus." (Welcome, Arcturus.) King Thranduil looked down at the small elf before him. Arcturus bowed again, wanting to be respectful.

"Eri." (Rise.) Thranduil nodded to the elf, Arcturus did as he was told. He stood at ease, his arms behind his back, waiting for instruction or a lecture. He was a little worried that he was in trouble still.

Legolas watched the male, he had met this young elf before he had left for Rivendell a few weeks prior. He hadn't been informed of his arrival back to the kingdom or that he had returned at all as he basically never saw him around.

"I need you and Legolas to hunt a company of dwarves that have entered my forest." Thranduil explained making both Arcturus and Legolas look at the elven lord with shock.

Well, Arcturus knew who they were but he hadn't realised they would come through Mirkwood- they were fools to come through this forest. He was probably more surprised that they had made it this far.

He underestimated them, it seemed. He was slightly excited to see them. Especially the twins and Mera.

"Dwarves?" Legolas cut in, turning around to his father. Thranduil raised his hand in a signal of silence.