Prologue

Ishita smiled as the bike's engine died, she closed her side lamp.

The darkness faded for a second when the light flashed. She passed a quick glance to the other bed and took a deep breath seeing Mihika sleeping.

Closing her book as the light flashed again, she placed it on the side table.

Leaning to the pillow she vertically placed on the wall, she smiled closing her eyes softly as the light flashed for the final time.

"Maine lock khola hai kya?" She wondered to herself and was about to open her eyes when she felt the bed dip.
(Did I unlocked the door?)

Shaking her head slightly at the intruder, she leaned toward him. His open arms wrapped around her as if expecting her move. His chest welcoming as ever.

"Why can't you make some noise? I have a fragile heart, you know." She pursued her lips trying add the effect, even though she knew he wont be able to see in the drakness.

"You don't even get scare anymore." She frowned at his response.

"You want to scare me?" She retorted back.

"Aapko to kabhi nahi." She smiled as he weaved her hairs softly.
(Not you. Never.)

"Acha toh kise drana hai?" Enjoying the way his body vibrated as he chuckled.
(So you want to scare someone?)

"Kitna bolti hai aap!"
(You talk too much.)

"Haw. Toh mai zyada bolti hu!" She exclaimed glad the darkness was hiding her smile.
(Haw. Now I talk too much?)

"Aap aur zyada bolti hai?" She tried to hide her giggles as he raised his voice lightly trying to sound scandalised "Kis gadhe ne kaha?"
(You and talk too much? Which idiot told you that?)

"Toh kyu aaye ho?" She hushed her voice slightly as Mihika turned her side.
(So why are you here?)

"Bas yese hi dil kiya aapko dekhne ka" came his usual reply.
(Just wanted to see you.)

"Acha yese aadheremei?" Her questions were surprising herself.
(Like this? In darkness?)

She was always selective of what to say and what not but with him the desire to express always overpowers her.

"Toh adhere mei hi to chaad nikharta hai." Her soft giggles killed the silence.
(Because the beauty of moon goliryfis in darkeness only.)

"Ishita?" She closed her mouth with her palm as Mihika sleepily asked. After not getting any reply, she turned on her sleep.

"Aaj toh, Mihika uth hi gai thi. Niklo niklo." She said giving him a soft push but his hold tighten around her.
(Mihika would have catch us today. You should leave.)

"Nahina. Aaj hum yehi rukenge." Ishita shook at his usual reply.
(Nope, I will stay the night.)