Part Five: The Mean Green

PART Five: The Mean Green

8:55am

We ate the chicken that Katie cooked, and it tasted pretty good. Katie may be a good cook as well, as the chicken was covered in some type of herb. I went outside to admire the sunny morning, and it was very nice. Katie came out after a minute and asked me what I was doing. I told her I was watching the morning and she said she'd like to watch it with me as well. We sat down on the grass and watch the sun finish rising. Then, I heard a quiet mumble sort of sound and said, "Was that you Katie?" And Katie replied, "No I thought it was you," she replied. Well, if it wasn't me and it wasn't Katie, then what was it? Me and Katie got up, hand in hand as I was a little worried. We walked around the back of our house, and it must have been super clever or something, as there was a zombie hiding in the shadow of our house so it wouldn't burn. We staggered back from it, and tripped over a thick vine and fell on the floor together. Katie wrapped her arms around me, as this was her first monster sighting. My sword was in the shack, so I was defenceless. Me and Katie were on the wet, soggy ground from the dew of the morning. The zombie was staring, ready to eat. We were crawling backwards to try and get the zombie to burn. It wasn't moving forward and by the look on his face, I didn't think he was going to either. He planted his feet in the ground, hard. We were terrified and cold and scared. Suddenly, it looked like Katie had an idea. "Would we be able to build this house again?" she asked. I said yes, as this house was easy to build in the first place. She kicked the side of the house and it rattled and fell down onto the zombie. I had no idea of what exactly this would do, but then I realised. She kicked it down because when it smashed on the zombie, it moved the zombies arm into the sunlight, causing it to burn. Of course, when it did burn, it would burn the wood on the zombie, and turned it to ashes.

10:35am

I taught Katie how to forage for some warm plants for more bedding. Whilst she was doing that I was collecting new wood. Wood was quite easy to collect, because the whole tree gives quite a lot of wood. I had made some more of the planks when Katie came up to me holding a rather large bundle of different herbs that I didn't know of. Some were green, some were red and some were purple! "Err... what exactly can we use that for?" I asked.

"Well, multiple things, actually. We could rub it on a chicken or even we could eat the green ones raw!" she replied. I guess Katie knew a lot about herbs and spices then.

12:13pm

After a long thought I thought that we would go back to James's base, to see how he was doing. I wouldn't tell Katie about James though. "Katie! We can go for a walk if you want!" I called.

"Sure! I'd love to do that!" she replied. I built a new house and I even built a chest like James's. I put my remaining wood in the chest and Katie put her herbs in there. Then we set out on our walk. We were walking hand in hand just in case of anymore shadow zombies. We walked down to the lake where me and James used to fish. I told Katie that this was a great place to catch fish. She asked where I was taking her and I replied, "We'll, I'm taking you to an old, cosy place where I used to stay."

"Aww, thanks, I hope were not staying there for long though, because it's getting dark now," Katie replied. She seemed to enjoy walking with me. I looked at my gold watch, and the time was 1:42pm. Katie was right that it would be getting dark soon.

1:45pm

We arrived at James's base, and James wasn't there, so we sat down together and I looked in his chest, and there was a couple of trouts in there, so I cooked one on the fire and me and Katie shared it. It tasted rather nice. After we had the fish I told Katie that we should go now, because it would be dark soon. We got up and I noticed a spot of red on the tent. I went up to it and rubbed my finger on it and it was definitely blood, and a lot of it too. One word came into my head, James. "Katie! We need to go quickly and I can't tell you why! Get up! Get up!" I shouted. Katie followed me as we ran through some of the jungle and hopped out into the desert again and ran to the lake. There was no one in or by the lake, so we ran around, panicking, and eventually rushed back home. I opened the door and there was a person, but not just any old person, it was James. "JAMES! OH MY GOD YOUR HERE TO! HOW?!" Katie screamed at James.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"Basically," James said, "Katie and me were friends in school and just before I went Katie was there and knew she had to come find me, and now, well, we've found each other." Then I got why Katie was screaming at James. They had finally met. Then, for the first time, Katie kissed me on my cheek and said, "Oh thank you so much for helping me find James! Thank you!"

3:15pm

It was getting dark now and me, Katie and James sat on the bed together, when, all of a sudden, Katie tapped my shoulder and asked me, "What is that ugly, green thing out there?" She was pointing to a green figure with a hunched back and no arms, but four legs. I didn't know what this thing was so I asked James. He peered through the window in our door and said, "That is a Creeper, the most dangerous of my great-grandad's known enemies. He called it the Creeper because it sneaks up on you when you aren't looking, and explodes and kills you. Although my great-grandad called them Creepers, I used to called them, the mean green." The Creeper couldn't see us, but it was in pure sunlight and it wasn't burning, so I guess this was one of the monsters that didn't burn, or as I liked to call them, The Inflammables. The Inflammables were the monsters that don't burn in daylight, and so far the only monsters that were in that group were, the spider and the Creeper. The Creeper wandered around outside and didn't see our shack, somehow. James said we needed to kill it now, or it would be there until it died of age, and the average life span of a Creeper was seven years. James offered to kill it, but I refused, and said I'd kill it myself. I walked out of the door, and Katie wished me good luck and no deaths. She giggled to herself as she thought the 'no deaths' part was funny, but I took it seriously. With my blue-blooded sword in my hand, I wandered up to the ugly, pale green, four-legged thing. It looked at me and started running, with an advantage too, it had four legs and I had two. I didn't move whilst it was running to me, and then I swung my sword to try and make it back off, but that just made it worse. The Creeper kept running and I heard a sizzling sound coming from the Creeper. I instantly knew that this was the explosion part, so I backed off, and the sizzling stopped. It ran closed and started to sizzle again, but this time, I drove my sword though the Creepers ugly head and killed it. Then the irritating sizzling stopped and I ran back to the shack. When I got back Katie was relieved and jumped up at me and hugged me tightly. At least I was happy, and so was Katie, and I could tell that she was, because, she kissed me on the cheek again.

---------------------

Part 6 coming soon

---------------------