Part Two: Eight-legged Revenge

PART Two: Eight-legged Revenge

2:33pm

I couldn't see any animals around the desert, so I decided to rest by a small pool of water. I put my finger in a tasted the water and sadly, it was salty. Then I saw a spider wandering around. This was no ordinary spider, though, it was one of the giant killing spiders James had told me about in his story. I walked ever so slowly up to the ugly, black and dark red thing. Then it saw me and I tensed as I thought it was going to attack. But instead of attacking it just looked at me and went back to eating whatever it was eating. So I walked up to it and I poked it with my sword. It still didn't do anything. Then I made a large mistake, and went and poked even harder and pierced its flesh. Then it was mad. I stared at me for a bit with its large red eyes. Then it's fangs opened wide and it suddenly jumped and went to bite my arm off, but I took action and shoved my sword down its throat. When I pulled it out it was squealing like mad. When it had finished squealing it ran at me, jumped, and bit my arm, but only very small cuts. For that, the spider would have to pay. I stabbed it in the back, and when it fell, I stabbed it in the eye. It died on the ground and I left it there. I looked behind it and there was a dead pig there, but it didn't look good to eat.

3:09pm

"JAMES! Guess what?! I just found a spider but I don't get why it didn't attack when I walked up to it," I told James when I got back.

"Basically, spiders don't attack in the day unless you attack them." Said James.

"Oh! So that's why when I stabbed it, it attacked me!" I said.

"YOU GOT ATTACKED?! Why didn't you tell me!" James asked.

"Well it wasn't that much of a large cut, it's just small," I replied.

I lifted my sleeve up and showed him the cut. He looked closely at it for a while, and said was no poison injected into my arm, so I wouldn't face the consequences, and that, if I get attacked or hurt again, to tell him. James also said he was good with medical things as his mother was a nurse.

1:37am

"Hey! Steve! Wake up!" Said James waking me up from my sleep as James was on guard tonight.

"What? What is it?" I said.

"There's a spider and a zombie over there. Wanna kill them?" James asked.

"Yeah, sure, I've got my sword," I replied.

Me and James ran up. James ran towards the zombie, so I guess it was the spider for me. I ran up to it, and because it was night time, it ran up to me as well. I swung my blue-blooded sword slicing right through its underneath, drawing blood. After, that the spider was practically dead. I saw that James was having a bit of trouble with his zombie, so I thought I would help him. I ran up to it and smashed my sword in the zombies forehead, drawing more blood than I did on my spider. "Phew! Thanks," said James. I'm starting to think James is not a great fighter.

10:15am

It's now morning and James is out looking for pigs, so I'm alone for a while. I thought about how my brother and my mum must be feeling now. They didn't exactly know that I was going to be here, but to be truthful, nor did I. They must be so worried. Then I got up and wandered around for about fifteen minutes, and I thought that James had been gone for too long, so I went to look for him.

1:27pm

After I scanned the normal area that we went around, but he still wasn't there. So had a long look around but I couldn't see him. "JAMES!" I shouted. There was no reply. I ran up to a sand hill, although it was quite far away and shouted again, but there was still no reply. I ran around in large circles around the desert looking for him, but I still couldn't find him. I ran back to base and, I guess luck was on my side, James was there. "James!" I shouted at him " where on earth were you!"

"I was down at the river collecting some fish for tea, so calm down," James said.

"Well you never told me about the river!" I argued back.

"I'm sorry. There is a river about thirty metres to the right of here." James said.

I calmed down then and we sat down and ate fish for tea and went to sleep about half past nine.