Punishment

Mew had just finished his third meeting for the day. He hadn't eaten yet and was feeling light headed. He had trouble sleeping and had only managed to just grab 2 hours of sleep for past few days. He could feel massive headache coming on. He hadn't been eaten well these days. Everything was out of order in his life at the moment. He couldn't focus on work neither could he relax. He had a big fight with Lhong. Lhong was angry with him for taking Gulf's side which Mew found a bit unreasonable. He wasn't taking Gulf's side, he was just being a decent person. He tried to explain that issue wasn't about taking anyone's side. What Alex wanted to do was terrible and he was really upset with Lhong for lying to him. He had thought Lhong would apologize and maybe offer some kind explanation for his actions but Lhong snapped at him like it was all his fault.

No matter he said Lhong wouldn't talk to him maturely. He was really tired from constant fighting. Every single talk ended in fight between them. He couldn't really keep up with it along with his work. In past he looked over lots of Lhong mistakes and choices. He could still do that because he loved him but only till it impacted only him. He couldn't let Lhong's choices affect someone else. He couldn't ignore it anymore when someone else's life was at stake. If it only hurt him, he could deal with it. He had dealt with it. But not in this case. What Lhong wanted to do would change Gulf's life for worse and Mew couldn't be part of something like that. Not even for his boyfriend.

He hated stressful situations like this. He wished they could go back to how they were. He could feel this distance between them. It was killing him. He wanted to spend some quality time with his boyfriend instead of this constant fighting. It was draining him completely. Maybe he should do something good for Lhong. Maybe a surprise would do the trick. He quickly cleared his schedule for the day and left for home. He stopped by Lhong's favorite bakery and bought cake. He wanted to clear the air between them. They could get over it, he was sure of that. Maybe he had been too focused on his company and not giving enough time to his boyfriend. He should make Lhong his top priority. Lhong was what truly mattered in his life.

As soon as he got in the car, he was hit by another car. The places where glass had embedded in his skin hurt like hell. He couldn't move his legs. They were stuck somewhere. He was in so much pain. All he could think of was Lhong. He wanted to see him. He wanted to talk to him. He wanted to tell him so many things, apologize for not being enough. Soon enough he lost consciousness.

Gulf was reading a book when he got a call from Techno. He was mutual friend of his and Mew. When he heard that Mew had been in an accident, it was like he couldn't breathe. A bucket of cold water had been thrown at him. Mew in accident? Was he okay? How did this even happen? It felt surreal, something that happened to others, something you watched on news. He dashed to the hospital in his pajamas.

When he reached there, he met Mew's parents. They both looked miserable and weary. It must be so hard for them. He asked Techno for details. The accident had been quite fatal but Mew somehow made it to the hospital. He was in surgery right now. It was going to be long night for all of them. Gulf couldn't sit at one place. He felt restless and jittery like he had downed ten cups of coffee. He kept pacing the hospital hallway waiting anxiously for the surgery to be over.

"Techno, where is Lhong?" He asked.

"I called him but he didn't pick up."

"He should be here. Mew would want to meet him when he wakes up."

"I will call him again."

Gulf got food for Mew parents. They looked so weak. They should definitely eat something. They needed to be strong for Mew. He was worried about them. He was so scared. He didn't know what he will do if anything happened to Mew. He was angry with him for whatever he had done but the mere thought of Mew being hurt killed him. He wished he could do anything to save him. He would do anything to save Mew. Anything.

He had liked Mew for so long. Years hadn't dimmed his love at all. He kinda resented that. He had tried really hard to get over him but it hadn't happened. If you looked beyond last few months, Mew had always been just and fair. Mew had helped him lot of times without expecting anything in return. He had wanted to confess to him but then he got in relationship with Lhong. There had been times when he thought of taking Mew away from Lhong but then he stopped himself. Mew looked really happy with Lhong. He smiled a lot and looked so carefree. That look suited him. Mew's happiness is all that mattered to him. He just wished Mew would get well soon. He had wanted Mew to pay for what he did but not like this. Never like this. Mew didn't deserve this. Oh god, what would he do if Mew never woke up? Mere thought of that scared the hell out of him. How would he go on with his life?

Doctors came out from the operating room. The look on their face didn't look good. Everyone sprang out of their seat, anxiously crowding the doctor. They bated their breath for the news, bracing themselves for the worst.

"Mr and Mrs. Suppasit, your son is out of danger. But-"