5

A/N: So I completely forgot Harry Potter fics existed for a hot second (not just my own, but them in general). As you can imagine, that is not exactly wonderful when it comes to updating a Harry Potter fic. On top of that, my usual writing time was stolen from me in the form of a birthday party and summer homework I'm rushing to finish off.

You may need to expect a late one for the next few weeks, too. It's going to be a bit hectic because... life.

Anyway, enough with the excuses. What I'm trying to say is, sorry about that, but your update is here now. It's a bit short, which I feel guilty about, but it was either cut it off now at 5.6 pages or update on Sunday with 9-10 pages.

⚯ 

Despite being more tired than Ginny's mother ever allowed her to get at home, nerves ensured that she got up with the sun, again, only this time, the girl couldn't sleep even if she tried. After attempting fruitlessly to get at least a decent amount of rest, the redhead gave up and got ready for the day.

All she had to do was brush her teeth and change into her robes (she had packed her bag the night before), so the sun was barely up once she was done.

She knew what she was really doing was trying to avoid explaining to Tom why she shut him away so abruptly, but while she was a girl and the youngest of seven, she was certainly no coward.

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

Dea

It's barely been a month since you ignored me last! Is this a new normal, ignoring the boy trapped inside a diary once a month lest he get too happy?!

I'm really so

Sorry? Is that what you were going to write? You don't seem to understand what a position you're in! You're the only one I can talk to, in case you've forgotten, and you can't even bother to say an 'I've got to go' or a 'Bye'? I have been trapped in here for half a century with no one for company until you came along! It's just my luck, being forced to rely on the most stupid, selfish, irresponsible and inconsiderate girl in the whole Wizarding World for company!

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

Ginny read what Tom wrote again, shocked and hurt with what she was seeing.

He can't believe that, can he? I know what I did wasn't very nice, but surely he understands? When there's people around me, of course I'm going to shut him away! No one writes in a diary that, all things considered, shouldn't be writing back, when they can talk to real people! If anything he's the selfish and inconsiderate one if he really believes that!

She had thought she had a friend in Tom — someone that understood her and wouldn't lecture her for feeling and acting the way she did. She wanted a friend in Tom, because he made such a good one! He gave her the most brilliant advice, understood that when she ranted about her brothers, she only hated them in the moment. He understood that what she told him about her brothers and parents wasn't the full picture, and there were nice things about them, yet Tom didn't judge her for hating them a bit, anyway. He listened and didn't treat her differently or look down on her just because she was young or a girl, which is more than she could say about anyone else she knew. In a sense she was just as desperate to remain in contact with him as he was her, so she thought that he out of everyone would understand.