2

A/N: I know Ginny finds Percy a bit overbearing, but personally, I thought that only happened after she went to Hogwarts, so that's how I will be portraying it.

Also, if it helps you understand this better, I'll have six squares before diary entries and six of ⚯ before normal line breaks.

On a completely unrelated note, updates will be rather spontaneous, but you can expect one every week or so.

⚯ ⚯ ⚯ ⚯ ⚯ ⚯ 

The next time Ginny wrote in that diary of hers was a week later, on the morning of her birthday. She knew she couldn't expect much, especially with her mum having one more mouth to feed (she said having Harry wasn't a bother, but Ginny knew better), but she was hoping for just a cake. That would be enough.

No one would be up until hours later, she knew, so for now she'd just write to Tom.

Right. Tom. She hadn't written to him in almost a week. She hoped he wouldn't be too mad or upset, because she did feel guilty about that.

◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️◾️

Dear Tom,

It's Ginerva. How are you?

So now you write to me. You know I'm trapped in here by myself– I have been for fifty years, like I told you! Then you come along, writing to me for the first time in practically forever, but leave me alone again! I was almost convinced you were a dream! So, do you want me to say, "I'm fine, what about you?" Because that would be a lie, and I detest lying.

I'm starting to think you lied, though. You said you wanted to be friends. Friends talk to each other.

No, Tom I wasn't, I swear! I do want to be friends!  I̶ j̶u̶s̶t̶ You said you wanted to be left alone, and I thought for the first few days that you still needed space. After that, I did forget about you for a bit. I'm sorry.

Tom?

Tom, are you still there? I really am sorry, you know.

I thought we were going to be friends. Friends don't forget about each other! I certainly didn't forget about you.

I know, I know. I'm really sorry! I won't do it again, I swear it!

Fine. I forgive you. So what, pray tell, reminded you of my existence?

Well... I woke up really early today and couldn't sleep, so I was thinking about how it's my birthday. Then, I thought about how I probably wouldn't get many presents because Mum had to buy three sets of Lockhart books, and even if they're second-hand, they're still expensive. I was lucky enough that Harry decided to give me new books for free, but Fred, George, and Ron aren't. She had to get me a new wand, robes, cauldron, and everything else, unlike what she did for Percy, Fred, George, and Ron, because there weren't any at home anymore. She probably won't be able to afford me anything for something as simple as a birthday, even if I'm turning eleven this year. I wasn't too upset by that– I'm used to it. But! Then I remembered how she got you, and I wasn't so upset anymore!

It's your birthday? Happy birthday, Ginerva! Now I feel sorry for snapping at you, especially since, from what you told me, your brothers seem the type that will tease quite a bit today.

It's alright, you had every right to. Friends don't forget about each other, and I did...

Anyway, you're right, Fred, George, and Ron tease me terribly on my birthday. Percy and Bill are alright, but Charlie does, too. Oh, I'm going to miss Bill and Charlie. This year is the first birthday of mine they're going to miss.