Chapter 1

Chapter One: Nightmares.

~~Amelia:~~

Her eyes fluttered open, her icy eyes almost white against her tanned complexion. She wiped the ebony black hair from her face, took a deep breath and sat up looking around. She sighed as she looked around the same white room as the sun poured through the crack in the curtain. White walls, white beds, white curtains, white curtains, white wardrobes, white doors. It was driving her insane living at Angels Academy.

She had lived there since her tenth birthday when her and her sisters whole family was killed by a wild animal attack. That's what the teachers want the students to believe anyway. She saw what killed them, she continues to see it everyday in the mirror, his icy blue eyes staring back at her.

Pulling her blanket around her she got up and walked into the bathroom and ran herself a hot bath. Water poured from the taps, pure and clear. Steam arose from her skin as the burning water surrounded her body up to her neck, she reached over and turned the tap off and laid back relaxing into the water and letting her eyes slide closed.

She was back there, she was back in the closet hiding in the heavy clothes, looking out through the cracks. She watched as he stepped closer to her, she coward back, her mums blood covered his hands. Her whole body shook, he stalked closer to her.

Breathing hard she awoke to her bath, hot steam filled her bathroom making her walls drip with condensation. She stood up from her bath pulling the towel off of the rack and wrapping it around herself tightly. She fell to the ground tears streaking down her face, body shaking with fear. She couldn't get that face out of her head. She just wanted it all to go away, she wanted it all to stop.

~

“This won't stop unless you make him stop Amelia.” Her eyes snapped up to Mr. Dragon his sad green eyes, they looked into hers with worry. He laid a light hand on her shoulder and gave a her a sympathetic smile.

“How do I make him stop?” She said emotionless. The scared little girl was gone and there stood a girl with no pain, no regrets. She wanted nothing more then to stop the nightmares, to kill the man that killed her. He killed her mother, he killed her father and brother it was time for him to be killed. She didn't care any more. She was already gone.

“He's hiding. One the human world Amelia, you can't. I’m sorry.” He whispered regretfully. He looked down at his hands that now sat on his lap. She looked at him anger starting to flare in her eyes.

“I'll find him. Let me go Dragon. Let me stop him.” She growled.

“Amelia no! You can't, many have tried. Lots of people none succeeded Amelia. They just died! Your not as powerful. I’m sorry Amelia.” he said jumping up from his seat in disbelief.

“We'll go with her.” Amelia looked to the door to she all three of her room mates. Katie wore

her blue hair tied back into a high ponytail, her glasses pushed up her nose and a book in her hand while Lucy had her long brown hair falling in waves down her back. She looked to the smallest of them all, Tammy, she wore a small white dress that hugged her tightly, her white hair pulled back in a plat and her fringe falling over her eyes.

“No! Go back to your room at once!” Katie looked at Mr. Dragon with fear in her eyes before pulling back and walking off. Soon followed by a reluctant Lucy. Amelia looked to Tammy. Tammy just smiled to Amelia then looked to Mr. Dragon. “Fine!”

~~Tammy.~~

She walked in behind her two best friends after hearing the argument that Amelia was having. She knew she had to do the right thing, she knew that her nightmares would stop also. She didn't tell anyone she had the nightmares, she thought no one cared. She looked to Mr. Dragon his angry eyes snapped to hers.

“We'll go with her.” Katie spoke up. Amelia turned slightly on her chair a small smile crawing onto her plump red lips as she scanned her icy blue eyes over them. Tammy looked at her silently scanning Amelia's eyes for any fear, for any anger or regret. There was nothing, all Tammy could see was her eyes. Tammy was an eye reader, she always knew what people was thinking, she could read there eyes like an open book. She could change memories, she could talk into your head. She couldn't do it to Amelia though, she was to strong at hiding. She had the power to defend herself, the power of a strong heart. She was destined to do great things.

“No! Go back to your room at once!” Silent anger flashed through Katies eyes as she flinched at the teachers shout. Katie turned and walked off soon followed by a sad and reluctant Lucy. Tammy however didn't move. She just looked. She just looked into his eyes seeing the pain, the anger, the regret. She looked into his eyes unmoving, he had been like a dad to Amelia since she arrived here. Tammy had never looked so powerfully into someones eyes before like she did then, she saw everything, she saw his memories as if it was a film. Someone dear to him died, someone he made a promise to. Tammy was thrown back to the real world in an instant. "Fine." He looked at her with pure anger now. "Amelia go tell the others you'll be leaving in ten minutes." Amelia was speechless with shock. Amelia ran out of the room without Tammy. Tammy didn't move.

"How dare you use your eyes on me!" He said in a low growl. Tammy looked at him knowingly with sympathetic eyes. She turned silently and walked away hanging her head in shame.

She arrived in her room minutes later to be met with three very immature girl jumping up and down as if they have just won a holiday abroad. Amelia greeted Tammy with a bone cracking hug which was soon joined by Katie and Lucy. Believe it or not by Katie and Lucy are twin sisters, they are so different in the way they look but not in the way they act. Katie takes after her mother, smart and beautiful. She can disappear whenever she wants, poof and she's gone. Whereas Lucy take after her dad, always getting in trouble she can also turn invisible but she can't control it as well as Katie can. I watched from the shadows as Amelia and her friends got ready to find him.

Mr. Dragon stood in the door way looking at Amelia as she packed her stuff into a case. He looked from Amelia to Tammy then to the other two girls. "I have bad news." He said in a weak croaky voice. All four girls looked to him in confusion. "The portal is weak, it can only take one at a time."

"So what's bad about that? We can wait for each other." Katie said confidently. I looked to Tammy knowing she knew what the real problem was. There is no saying they will end up in the same place, the weaker ones will loose there memories. Who knows if they will even remember that Amelia will die if they don't protect her? He spoke her thoughts exactly his eyes fixed on the floor.

"How long will it take for it to be strong again?" Amelia said speaking for the first time since he arrived. He looked up at her and shook his head.

"There is a presences here absorbing the energy of the whole academy because it's not supposed to be here, it's mind is trapped here, it's body trapped on earth and it's heart trapped in Hell." He spoke in a near whisper hoping I didn't hear him. I didn't move from the shadows, Amelia looked around the room and shrugged. I slumped backwards, he's right i'm just a creature. I'm just waiting.

"Let's go." Amelia walked out of the room with the suitcase rolling behind her, she knocked Mr. Dragon out of the way and disappeared around the corner. Tammy glanced at me from the corner of her eye before grabbing her small bag and following Amelia. The other two was reluctant but followed there two friends. They all walked slowly to the portal room stopping at the heavy white door.

"Do you understand what you are doing?" Mr. Dragon asked, he knew the answer before all four girls nodded there heads silently. Mr. Dragon unlocked the door, the power of the portal almost blowing them all back in impact. "When you get there you will have memories of growing up with a family you will know well, you will be in a vessel but I can't tell you what your name will be or what you will look like." He said slowly. All girls nodded in understanding and Amelia, Lucy and Katie all jumped through the portal.

"Dean, your not breaking your promise. Your protecting her more by doing this then you would be letting her stay here. You know he was in her head, weakening her before he dragged her down. She is strong now and I will protect her. I won't forget your promise and I will carry it out for you. She will be back safely even if I don't." Tammy's voice was soft, understanding. She had spoke for the first time since she was born. Mr. Dragon gave her a small smile before she jumped through the portal. He pushed the door closed before collapsing to the floor, tears rolling down his face as he sat before the door.