15

A/N: Thanks so much guys for your reads and votes!

Olivia knocked loudly on the door at 125 Oceanview drive. It swung open suddenly.

"My Mommy! She's bleeding!" a panicked Zola greeted her.

"It's okay, sweetie" Olivia soothed, "The ambulance is on the way, where is she?"

"Over here-" Zola grabbed her hand and pulled her inside. Olivia quickly glanced and Nick- "Go find her son, and keep a lookout for the ambulance."

"Got it." He replied, walking swiftly down the hallway.

Zola led her to the kitchen, and a sudden panic filled Olivia when she saw Meredith lying on her side, blood pooling on the floor under her.

"Zola, stay by the door and watch for the Ambulance okay?" she directed.

Zola nodded, but she couldn't tear her gaze from her mother. "Mommy..."

"I'm-I'm okay Zozo, do what Olivia said." Meredith said weakly, grimacing in pain. Zola obeyed and stood on a chair to watch through the window.

Olivia couldn't believe Meredith was still conscious. She kneeled down at her side. "Meredith, it's me, I'm here... What can I do?"

"Placental abruption, I think..." Meredith started, rubbing her abdomen and wincing again. "Just...please stay here."

Olivia looked around, maybe there was a first aid kit around or something? She just wanted to help- Suddenly there was a pressure on her forearm, she looked back at Meredith, who was shaking her head, "Nothing... you can do," she whispered. "Just wait-" Her tear-filled eyes were flashed with pain, "I'm scared."

Olivia took Meredith's hand in both of hers, "It's okay, I'm right here. The ambulance is coming any minute... Nick is watching the kids." She glanced up and saw Nick at the window with a sleepy Bailey in his arms, while Zola pressed her nose against the window.

"Okay..." Meredith breathed. "Ohh..." she whimpered.

Olivia felt her hand being crushed, but it didn't bother her. She moved into a more comfortable position to soothe her friend. Meredith was blinking slowly, her skin was clammy and cold from blood loss. "Talk to me Meredith." Tell me something, she thought. Stay awake.

"Do you have supercop powers?"Meredith asked. "How...?"

Olivia smiled slightly, "A good cop doesn't reveal her sources," she winked.

"Oh... damn," Meredith said, in a slight smile. She winced again, took a breath, and looked back at Olivia. "How's Noah?"

She thought of her young son, her light. Her love. "He's great... they grow up so fast."

"Yeah," Meredith said, her gaze drifting for a moment.

"Meredith," Olivia touched her cheek, bringing her back.

"Bailey's a perv," she said. "Always grabbing my boobs."

"Oh?" Olivia chuckled. "Will I have to use my supercop powers when he's a teenager?"

"I hope not... Maybe... it's just a phase."

Meredith winced again. "Owwww," she exclaimed, curling into a tighter ball. Suddenly her breathing changed, her breaths became more rapid and shallow. "Livia... I can't... lose this baby"

"Hey," Olivia said loudly, forcing herself into cop mode for a moment. "You won't, Meredith. You're one of the strongest people I know," She pressed Meredith's hand firmly.

"What if I-"

"You won't, Meredith. You have to live, you have to raise your children. Don't give up."