Chapter 4

-this takes place the day after-

Hercules POV

I sigh in boredom. Why? It's because my mom forced me to look at baby clothes with her and Peggy. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP ALL DAY. I groan "Come on honey, just a few more onesies and then we can go for lunch!" "YOU SAID THAT 20 MINUTES AGO YOU LIAR." I glare daggers at her. "I know I know but.." she shows me a onesie with cat ears. "Isn't this adorable?!" she asks all excited. "It's cute. Can I go now? Laf goes on his lunch break in about five minutes." Peggy gasps "No! We must find something bumblebee related 5 at the most!" "2." "3." "Deal." I roll my eyes. "I could just make onesies, you know that right?" I deadpanned. "But Hercules!" My mother whined. "Shopping is more fun!" Peggy added on. I look down at my stomach, "Do you agree with me?" I get a soft kick as a response. "The baby agrees, let's go!" "Don't politicize your kid's choices before it's even born!!" My mom scolded me.

I chuckle before feeling arms wrap around me "I'm here mon amour~." He kisses me on the cheek. "Hi Laffy." I say while smiling a bit brighter. He sits on the bench next to me intertwining our hands. "Y'all can be photogenic later, right now, baby outfits." Peggy interrupted. I groan "Fine."

-15 minutes later

IS THIS WHAT HELL FEELS LIKE?

WE HAVE BEEN SHOPPING FOR AN ENTIRE HOUR AND I HAVE NOT EATEN IN THREE AND A HALF. My baby is going to hate me. As Peggy and my Mom obsessed over a SINGLE FREAKING HAT. ONE THAT I COULD LITERALLy make with MY BARE HANDS Laf leaned over to me and whispered "Do you want to ditch them for a bit and get food?" I nodded frantically. "So you like this one?" my Mom asks, holding up a light yellow hat with cat ears on it. "... I guess?" I admit. It was really cute..

I heard intense guitar music from far away. I looked and saw that it was Alex, John facepalming, Phillip and Ivy laughing and crying.

"HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BEATEN WITH A WET SPAGHETTI NOODLE BY YOUR GIRLFRIEND BE BECAUSE SHE HAS A TWIN SISTER AND YOU GOT CONFUSED AND F*CKED HER DAD? WELL THAT'S HOW IT FEELS TO DRIVE A FORD F250."

"D*MMIT ALEX THIS IS WHY I TELL YOU TO GO TO SLEEP."

"SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!"

My Mom, Peggy, Laf, and I had the exact same surprised and confused expression. "What in the blue hell?" we all said in unison. Well except for Gil (Laf) he's not familiar with that expression as much. John looked at us like he's in the office mouthing the words "HELP ME-" Peggy flips him off. He makes an offended look. Peggy starts chuckling like a gremlin. "Oh boy-" I groaned. As my Mom and Peggy turned their backs we slowly left. Phew. We finally got to the food court yay. My mom and Peggy almost caught us, boo.

We got soft pretzels!

"I'll be back." Laf said before kissing me on the cheek. "Okayyy." I said disappointed as he left. I scrolled through my phone when a woman came up to me. "You know Lafayette?" concerned and confused, I nodded. "I'm his husband." I deadpanned. "Well I'm Adrienne, his girlfriend." And in that moment, she knew that she f*cked up. "Well, uh, he never mentioned a girlfriend." I muttered. "Oh, because he moved to America, I stayed in France. I came to visit." And guess which golden boy came back. Adrienne gasped "Laffy!" THAT B*TCH HAD THE AUDACITY TO CALL MY LAFFY TAFFY HER BOYFRIEND.

She ran up to him,hugged him, and kissed him, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Not only did that shatter my heart, that also fueled the fiery flames of my fury, try saying that five times fast. Peggy shot me a text

Pegleg- How much to snatch that bad excuse of a weave off her head

Sewingwizard- $5

Pegleg- deal.

I put my phone in my pocket, Adrienne still latched onto Laf. I looked down. "I-I'll see you at home Gil..." I said walking away.

Laf POV

I push Adrienne away softly. "Mon Amour.." I cup Hercules' cheek. He pushes it away softly then kisses me on the cheek, "I'll let you finish whatever you have or had with her,okay?" he shoots me a soft smile before going to Peggy who then shoots me a look of intimidation. "Laffy, how long has it been?" Adrienne asks. "Adrienne, as much as it is good to see you, I've moved on." I said. She looked defeated "B-But Laffy I love you.." "And I love him." she nods, hugs me once again and then leaves (HAH Y'ALL THOUGHT). I caught up with Hercules, he smiled at me. Peggy glares at me "Can I still-" "Non, besides, she left." Peggy smiles, "Thank god. Her weave wasn't worth it anyway." I can hear the awkward tension. BECAUSE ADRIENNE WAS LITERALLY 5 F*CKIN FEET AWAY FROM US.

Oop- cliffhanger sorry (ish) 857 words!