Chapter Twelve

I realized I’m enjoying Seth’s POV more. But I’m going back to Travis’ next chapter. Do you guys miss him?

Seth’s POV

            “Why the fuck are we doing a video documentary about each other and our lives?” Travis seethed. He bit into his chicken bacon ranch wrap angrily. He was really pissed off about this project. I don’t really understand why he was so mad. All we had to do was record clips of each other and it could be anything we chose as long as it was appropriate. Plus the entire class had the assignment. “What are we supposed to do anyway? Just get my camcorder and randomly record your face?”

            “If that’s what you feel like,” I muttered, picking at my sandwich.

            “Hey, stop playing with your food,” Travis scolded me. “What’s wrong with you, why aren’t you eating?” I shrugged, not knowing. I’m just in a weird mood right now. I think there’s just too much on my mind. He sighed, dropping his wrap on the paper. “I know I’m the last person you’d want to confide in but if you want to talk I’m here.” I nodded and took a deep breath.

            “When I feel like talking you’ll be the first one to know.” That was the truth. Half the time I’m unsure of what I’m thinking of. I don’t even know whether my thoughts make sense or not. I’ve been mind fucking myself all morning. I don’t even care about this fucking project, to be honest. I don’t know what Dr. Gomez is up to. I sighed. I do care about the project because it means Travis and I are going to have to work on it together. It’s this weird fucking mood I’m in right now.

            “Have you spoken to your brother?”

            “He emailed me, Friday. He’s going to call on Friday.”

            “I know what’s good for you,” Travis said smiling at me. “You’re going to show me around this city and I also want to know where the mall is.” Great.

            Travis spent most of lunch being pissed at Dr. Gomez and his “stupid project”. He’s so weird and he changes moods so fast. One second he’s about ready to blow a fucking gasket and the next second he’s sweet and caring. Maybe I’m just frustrated because of my feelings. Maybe…just maybe.

            The day dragged on after Travis left to go to his next class and I went to mine. I wanted to spend the afternoon with him. Actually, I wanted to spend all the time I had with him. It’s my emotions that I’m worried about. I don’t know how long I can keep them in check. I don’t know how long I can ignore other things.

            “Are you okay?” Travis said, scaring me. I jumped and clutched my chest and before I could stop myself I punched him in his arm.

            “Stop scaring me like that!” My voice almost pleaded. Why is he always sneaking up on me like that? Fuck man! Travis was laughing. I don’t know what’s so freaking funny anyways.

            “You know,” he started. “It’s not me who scares you, you’re the one that’s always zoning out.” When I didn’t say anything he spoke again. “I was thinking we should just go to mall, catch a bite, and chill for a bit”

            “Sounds good,” I muttered. Travis beamed, smiling brightly. He’s been strangely happy today. I decided that I’m going to suck it up and not ruin his mood.

            As Travis was driving I realized that the only way I knew how to get to the mall was by bus and I don’t know the route because I’m always in my own world. He had to use the GPS in his car to get us there. It’s a three-story mall with the food court on the top floor.