⠀⠀⤷ background

Esmerelda is the daughter of Hecate and Regulus Black, making her the heiress of the Black family

Esmerelda is the daughter of Hecate and Regulus Black, making her the heiress of the Black family. As a baby, she was profusely spoiled by her young father. He bought her lavish things such as a golden crib, expensive muggle and magical toys, numerous storybooks that she would enjoy, and more. 

Unfortunately, her extravagant lifestyle was cut very short when Regulus died trying to take down Voldemort. She was taken to her less wealthy and much less prepared uncle, Sirius Black, afterwards. At the beginning, she constantly terrorized him with her uncontrollable magic and temper tantrums, often attacking him and his friends with her magic for the littlest of things (like when she telekinetically threw a knife at him in retaliation for stepping on her favorite stuffed bunny toy). 

Esmerelda became more fonder of Sirius once she started getting used to his presence and in turn, Sirius became fond of her as well. He started to let her hang around his friends, but that soon came to a stop after Remus lost control of himself and tried to devour her. After some time, Sirius eased up on Remus and entrusted Esmerelda under his care once more... Only for Remus to lose her for the next twelve or so years... 💀💀💀

While the wizards panicked over her, Esmerelda was sent over to the United States in order to be closer to Camp Half-Blood. There, she spent the majority of her childhood.

She started off as an innocent child stuck in the American foster care system. She was taken in my multiple families numerous of times, but it never lasted long. Families either mistreated her, neglected her, and one of them even tried to sell her to a Satanic cult because they believed her to be the Antichrist (and no, it wasn't Sirius). Some families were kinder, but before the adoption could be made official, something would always happen whether it was Esmerelda's accidental magic spooking her new family or a monster attack. 

Due to her young age, she never quite understood why her foster parents never stayed, and came to the conclusion that she was unwanted. At this moment, her abandonment issues came to fruition and worsened over the years as she was constantly betrayed and left behind over and over again by the people closest to her. 

Will she ever heal from her mental scars? Who knows :)