Chapter 6

A/N: Haha writer motivation go brrrrr-

“Who was that?” Carol asked.
Sunday looked as though she was deep in thought but once she got out of it, she looked at Carol and smirked.
“Oh no one, just your obvious soul mate.” She smiled.
Carol leaned her head to the side, “What do you mean?”
Sunday put down their guitar and walked over to the door where Carol was standing with a grin. “Oh no, it’s just the fact that you two were eyeing each other like two lesbian cats in heat.”
“That’s not how it- You know what, never mind.”
“Come on Carol! You two were looking into each other’s soul just then, if I could feel the electric signal between you two from 6 feet away, surely you could too.”
Carol looked down for a second and said nothing, did she really have a connection like that with a guy she just met for no more than a few seconds? No, it was silly.
“Carol, you had that look in your eye, the same look you gave me when we dated. I know you inside and out and even if your mind didn’t feel something, your heart sure did. You two are soulmates and I ship.” Sunday stood proudly.
Carol rolled her eyes, “Oh shut up Sunday. Plus it’s not like he’d be interested anyway.”
“Carol oh my GOODNESS, you are a dense motherfucker, I love you but you are dense as hell. I was standing over a foot away from him and even I could hear his heart beating out of his chest. AND THAT STUTTER WHEN HE LEFT, I’VE KNOWN THE GUY FOR 3 DAYS AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT THAT MAN HAS PROBABLY NEVER STUTTERED IN HIS LIFE! You would have to be A. Blind. Or B. Dense AF to not notice how nervous he was around you, he obviously felt something too.”
“Doesn’t mean I do though…”
Sunday firmly put their hands on Carol’s shoulders and looked straight into her eyes. Carol just mindlessly blinked back, very confused.
“Carol… I would die if anything happened to you, you know that. But I gotta say this.” Sunday started violently shaking Carol back and forth by her shoulders, “STOP. LYING. TO. YOURSELF!”
“Sun… day…. Let…. Me…. Go!!” Carol said in between shakes.
Carol wiggled herself from Sunday’s grip and was very dizzy. Sunday rolled her eyes. “Carol I can 100% bet that Whitty is with his robot best friend right now, gossiping and being like ‘Oh my goddddd, I've never felt this way before because I’m heartless, edgy, and emo and I don’t know what to doooooo.’”

“And I just don’t know what to do Hex,” Whitty said as he passed the ball. “It’s like that feeling I was feeling yesterday but times 100. My chest felt tightened, I felt as though I would throw up, and my face felt all hot. Do you think I’m coming down with something?”
“My friend, I am trying to tell you what I was trying to tell you before, you are in l-“
“NONO HEX DO NOT SAY I AM LOVE, I DON’T BELIEVE THAT BULLCRAP.” Hex shut up but continued to smile on his monitor. When they were standing there awkwardly, Hex made a break for it for the basket with him dribbling the ball in his hands, but Whitty wouldn’t have it, he ran and smacked the ball out of Hex’s hands like a fly, then scored for his own. Hex glared at him but Whitty simply chuckled, “Hex, you are my best friend and I would do anything for you, but I will not let you even come close to scoring a point against me.”
Hex shook his head, “Well Whitty, referring back to our earlier topic of conversation, it seems your ‘symptoms’ correlate to the release of the chemicals oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin in your brain upon seeing Carol.”
Whitty had no idea what those terms meant or what they were, “Chemicals-?! Uh, Hex, could you dumb it down a bit.” Hex let out a robotic sigh and looked straight at him and smiled. “Whitty, there is no way around it, in simple terms, you are in love.”
Whitty let out a groan of frustration, moved over to the side of the court, and banged his explosive head against the 10-foot basketball pole. Hex walked over and patted his friend on the back.
“My dear friend, you have nothing to fear! Your feelings are nothing to be ashamed of and as your best friend, I can say with certainty that you are the perfect bachelor for anyone.” Whitty looked over at Hex and gave a slight smile and his words made him feel better, but still, he had never felt this way before, and it was someone he had just met! He honestly didn’t think he should go for it…
Hex took his hand off of Whitty’s back, “Plus, if you’re confused, I can help! I am quite the, as you say, gentlemen.” Whitty forgot his self-pity for a second just so he could think of a million comebacks to that statement. “Hex, the only thing you have even close to a relationship to is with Hatsune Miku and she probably doesn’t even know you exist. The closest you’ve ever touched a woman was your mother and you didn’t even HAVE one. I bet you would walk into a store and see that they were selling pictures of a lonely, lonely man, but it turns out that the store sells mirrors.” Whitty let all of this sink into Hex and Hex dramatically put his hand over his head and fell to the ground (slowly so he wouldn’t break something). “You.. have defeated me... comrade…” Then puts his arm down like he was dead. Whitty laughed and forgot his troubles.
“Very glad my defeat makes you happy my friend,” Hex says sarcastically as he stands up. Whitty jokingly punches him in the arm. They stand there for a minute, looking off in the distance, listening to the sounds of nature around them. Whitty took a deep breath.
“So… what should I do?” He asked Hex. Hex looked at him and smiled.
“Look Whitty, I do not have that much experience with organic-being emotions such as love, so I am not qualified to tell you what to do. But, I can tell that you like this girl a lot, so I think you should, as people say, ‘Go for it!’ Get to know her and see if there’s something there!”
Whitty looked away and his face glowed a faint tint of red.
“I don’t know...”

Later that night
Hex and Sunday conversation.

Tin Can: Greetings again Sunday! I talked to Whitty and he informed me about your guys' time and I was very pleased that you two had such fun!
Loud mf: Cut the shit Hex, did he talk to you about Carol or not????
Tin Can: Yes he did, did Carol talk to you about Whitty?
Loud mf: Yep
Tin Can: And the result is?
Loud mf: Those two want each other like a cat and catnip
Tin Can: … Agreed, it seems that their romantic metaphorical chemistry is, how you say, off the charts! I never understood that analogy, because I never see a chart to go with it.
Loud mf: Hex FOCUS! Those two need each other. they just don’t know it yet 😈
Tin Can: I agree, it seems those two are being very wanting of each other but don’t think it is a good idea.
Loud mf: Then it is US and our DUTY as their friends to set them up UwU
Tin Can: Are you sure it is the best idea Sunday? Won’t they be mad at us?
Loud mf: please theyll thank us at their wedding
Tin Can: Well if you say so.
Loud mf: And I do say so because I am always right 😌. Anyway, here’s the plan…

The next day
Whitty and Hex

Whitty walked on the sidewalk with his hood and sunglasses next to Hex in his iconic basketball jersey.
“Dear friend, it’s 29.444 degrees celsius! Are you sure you didn’t want to wear another article of clothing other than that hoodie?” Hex said as they walked.
“Hex, this is the only ‘article of clothing’ I have with a hood, hence the name, hoodie. And I’m not taking any chances out in public." Hex let out a metallic sigh.
“Whitty, it’s been three months since you saw one of Updike’s assistants! Don’t you think it’s time to let yourself be free!”
“Hex, I love you, but you don’t understand, Updike is looking for me and I know it. I’m giving it another nine months before I’ll jeopardize my safety again.”
Hex looked at his friend with sympathy, “If you say so friend, just promise me that this won’t be the main priority of your life, worrying about Updike and his organization.”
“Hex, I don’t see it like that, I see it as my safety being my main priority and I’m doing this so I don’t have to skip town and never see you again.”
“I do understand Whitty, I just feel bad for you is all.”
“I do too buddy. And don’t worry about the heat, I’m used to it after all,” He said, making fire appear on the tip of his forefinger.
“Anyway, where are we even going? It’s dangerous for me to be out so frequently.” Whitty said, tensing his shoulders.
Hex nervously laughed and put his hand behind his head, “Well, it’s just we haven’t been out to lunch that much lately so I thought I’d treat us to a cafe! And speaking of which, here we are!”
Hex held out his hands dramatically at the entrance of the cafe, Cafe De Arow.
Whitty face-palmed, “Well I guess I could eat.” He lied as he hadn’t had a meal in 2 hours. He digests way faster so he has to eat more than the average person does a day, so he can be a bit of a glutton and this glutton was starving.
Hex ducked down just a bit to get under the door while Whitty had to get on his knees and shuffle through the door. He saw people staring at him and grew embarrassed. “God I hate being this tall,” He thought to himself.
As they sat down after ordering, they just sat in silence. The reason being is that they already talk about all the topics to talk about while playing basketball so there’s nothing more to say. Hex seemed nervous, fiddling with his hands, he kept glancing at the door. Whitty noticed this and seemed suspicious of him, “Hexxx, what’s going on?” Hex looked back at Whitty and held his hands out defensively, “Nothing dear friend! Whatever do you mean, haha!” As Whitty was about to say something, he shuddered as he felt a presence over his shoulder.
“Oh hello, Sunday and Carol! What a coincidence seeing you here!” Hex exclaimed.
Whitty looked over behind him and saw the two standing there. Carol looked as confused as ever while Sunday had a mischievous grin on their face. Whitty looked at them, then looked at Hex, “Heyyy wait a minute-!” He was cut off by Hex. “Friends! You should join us at our table!”
Sunday smiled, “I totally agree! C'mon Carol let’s sit!” Sunday grabbed Carol by the arm and made her sit down next to Hex and Sunday plopped in the space next to Whitty. Whitty nervously laughed, leaned down, and whispered, “What did you two do?” In Sunday’s ear. Sunday gave a little gremlin laugh and Whitty fought the urge to punt them across the room.
After just a minute of sitting down, Sunday stood up. “Oh sorry, but I have to go to the bathroom..” Sunday practically ran out of the area. Hex looked around nervously, “Uh, yes! I also have to!” Hex ran out too.
Whitty looked behind him in the direction they ran and yelled,  “Hex you idiot, you’re a robot, you don’t even use the bathroom!” Whitty slumped back down in his booth. He looked up and saw Carol staring at him in wonder. He noticed this and his face lit up.
“Um.. haha… I don’t think we’ve met, I’m Carol.” She held out her tiny hand (compared to his). Whitty looked at her hand and shook it gently with his massive hand.
“…Whitty.”