Working at a restaurant

An incessant amount of chattering can be heard from every corner as the soothing and mellifluous jazz music played in the background. A medley of the alluring scent of cooked food with the power to arouse anyone's temptation to eat permeated the air. The restaurant was lit brilliantly and the seats were meticulously arranged in neat rows. It was brimming with vibrancy.

Elegantly yet precariously, I balanced two trays on the top of both of my palms. The first tray was crammed with tall glasses filled to the brim with a colorful selection of flavoured fruit drinks like the Dandelion Yellow Lemonade, the Sky Blue Berry Drink and the Emerald Viridescent Tea. The richness of nature was imbued into the drinks. On the other hand, literally, the second tray was packed with several plates of varying fried rice. The delicate touch of the chef and an enticing smell was riveted onto the scrumptious dishes.

Carrying the trays, I strode across the immaculate floor cautiously past many ravenous customers to the other side of the restaurant to serve a group of boisterous young teenagers clad in casual clothing with their energy-inducing meal. As I placed the tray on the table, a wave of relief rippled through my pulse. I then handed out the drinks and fried rice while responding to their 'thanks' with a warm 'welcome'.

With no time to spare, I noticed that a customer with a long face just pushed open the entrance door, making a soft creaking sound, and entered the restaurant. I came up to him and guided him to a seat while he ambled behind heavily with fatigue. The leather seats and tables were all patterned with a cheerful theme and painted with bright colors. After he sat down and tucked himself comfortably in his seat, I handed him a menu booklet and took his order in a jovial tone with a beaming smile on my face. He ordered a cup of coffee in hopes of invigorating himself.

When I served him his coffee, its distinct aroma wafted through my nostrils. He immediately took a sip and I could see that he relished the moment as the relaxing taste of coffee tingled his taste buds. The depressive miasma around him from when he first entered the restaurant immediately vaporized and was instead replaced with delight and satisfaction.

Immersed in the lively atmosphere, I felt incredibly content and fortunate to be able to have this job as a waiter, to be able to experience the pleasure of customers eating to their heart's content, and to be able to provide service to all kinds of people seeking a welcome respite from their exhaustion in life.