I write for...

Hello and welcome to my first book here. I'm writing Preferences and Imagines about the characters of Chicago PD, and if you have any requests, feel free to let me know. I'll list who I'll be writing about in this book, and information about them, in a moment, so if you're not happy with my choices, I'm sorry.

1. Henry „Hank" Voight

Henry "Hank" Voight is a fictional character in the television series Chicago P

Henry "Hank" Voight is a fictional character in the television series Chicago P.D.. He appeared in a recurring capacity in Chicago Fire and as a main character in Chicago P.D., as the chief of the Chicago Police Department's Intelligence Unit, which operates out of the 21st District. Despite Voight's reputation as a suspected dirty cop and for using underhanded methods, he commands his unit's loyalty and respect.

The character was initially introduced in Chicago Fire as a dirty cop who tries to cover up a crime by his son Justin and uses all means necessary to do so, including threatening Fire Lieutenant Matthew Casey, one of the protagonists of Chicago Fire. Voight's circumstances were eventually clarified with the creation of the spin-off Chicago P.D. However, he has a well-documented feud with Casey, as a result of what happened between them, and his interactions with the firefighters of 51 are marked by tension and suspicion, despite the fact that he earns their grudging respect for his dedication in seeking justice for crime victims. Voight carries a SIG Sauer P229 as his sidearm.

Hank has a son named Justin whom he bails out in "Professional Courtesy" after he crashes into a van while under the influence of alcohol. As the result of Justin's recklessness, the boy, who was in the van, is paralyzed from the waist down, stopping him from playing hockey ever again. This incident marks the beginning of the tension between Hank and then-Lieutenant, now Fire Captain Matthew Casey. Hank is widowed; his wife Camille died six years prior to "Now I'm God" of ovarian cancer. Hank's father, Richard, was also a Chicago Police Officer, who was killed when Hank was 8. While working a joint case with the NYPD Special Victims Unit, Voight and Cpt. Olivia Benson establish a bond of trust and friendship despite their differing methods.

This character was first seen in Chicago Fire as an antagonist. Voight's ruthless methods cause friction with Lieutenant Matthew Casey, a firefighter at the nearby Firehouse 51. Casey had arrived on the scene of a serious car crash where the driver, Voight's son Justin, had been drinking. The resulting arrest would have been a DUI with possible repercussions as the passenger in the other car had been paralyzed from the waist down. Voight had tried various methods to stop Casey from filing the report against Justin. First beginning with bribery (a new television set for the CFD) and escalating to physical threats towards Casey and his then-fiancé, Dr. Hallie Thomas. Voight attempted to have Casey injured or killed, but was arrested by Detective Antonio Dawson  in a sting. While in prison he offers Gabriela Dawson information on who shot Antonio, who was working undercover at the time. This was in exchange for a future favor, which Dawson reluctantly accepted. Internal Affairs (I.A.) later released Voight from prison and promoted him to Sergeant of the Intelligence Unit at CPD. Voight began working with Dawson and Detective Juiliet "Jules" Willhite to investigate a series of murders relating to pharmacy nurses. The case was related to a drug dealer named Thomas Cobb, whom Voight killed to protect Casey. Unfortunately, Hallie was murdered after accidentally discovering a drug operation at the hospital she worked at.