Chapter 8: Pack Meeting

Mateo

A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs approval of sheep. -Vernon Howard

Three days have passed since Malia and I had our first date. She's everything that I could have ever dreamed of my mate being. She's independent and strong, but family-oriented. She's smart and loves to be in control, but, for the right person, she will give up a bit of control. Top it all of she's extremely beautiful. Everything about her is great.

My phone buzzed on my desk, as I sat looking over some things in the pack house.

Mia Dolcezza: Hi stranger.

Me: Hi dolcezza.

Mia Dolcezza: Hm, I like when you call me that.

Me: I enjoy calling you that. How are you?

Mia Dolcezza: Good and you?

Me: I'm good, I miss you though.

Mia Dolcezza: I miss you too, as much as I don't want to admit it.

Me: Yeah and why don't you want to admit it?

Mia Dolcezza: Because it's only been three days and I don't know...

Me: It's okay to admit how you're feeling dolcezza. No judgement from me ever.

Mia Dolcezza: I know and I appreciate that.

Me: No need. So how about another date?

Mia Dolcezza: Hmm. I'll think about it.

Me: Oh, is that right?

Mia Dolcezza: Yes Mr. De Luca. You have to know that I will not be at your beck and call whenever you feel like it. I won't be controled either.

Me: Well, Ms. Douglas. I don't expect that from you at all. I will never control you, unless you want me to.

Mia Dolcezza: Good as long as we have that established, then yes I'd love to go on a second date.

Me: Great. When are you free?

Mia Dolcezza: Next Friday is good. Dinner and a movie would be lovely.

Me: Then it's a date. I'll pick you up on Friday at 8 PM.

Mia Dolcezza: Deal.

There was a knock on my door and I told the person behinf the door to come in. It was Antonio.

"There ready for you brother." He told me and I nodded.

Me: As much as I would love to continue to talk to you, I have to cut this short. I have a meeting to get to.

Mia Dolcezza: Yeah I also have some paperwork that need to be finalized in an hour.

Me: Okay, then this is a I'll talk to you later.

Mia Dolcezza: Promise?