200: One-Shot

Author: thinkingofbananas

Richie wakes up anxious that everyone he loves is going  to leave him. He doesn't think he deserves them until Eddie reminds him  he does.

Eddie being a comforting soul when Richie wakes up in the middle of the night at Bill's house.

Words: 1190

you don't really like the sun   

   It was pitch black outside. 

   Richie lifted his head up slowly as to not wake the  rest of the Losers. They all cuddled together on the floor of the  Denbrough's living room after movie night. He chose the side furthest  from the door that night with Ben on the complete opposite end. Bev had  her head tucked away by Ben's shoulder, Mike and Stan sandwiched Bill  between them, and Eddie was curled against his side, an arm tossed over  his stomach. 

   They were eighteen now. It didn't feel real to  Richie. Everything they fought growing up from bullies to parents to IT.  All of that was going to be a thing of the past soon. His deadbeat,  flaky dad and his alcoholic mom, out of his life in a few short months,  yet he felt terrified. Terrified of leaving the Losers and growing up. 

   What if they forgot him? What if they finally got  fed up with his stupid jokes? What if they looked at him one day and  saw what he saw in himself, brokenness? 

   His cheeks were wet before he even realized he was  crying. He brushed them away with a shaky sigh, but they didn't stop. It  wasn't long before his few tears turned into silent sobs. 

   I'll never be worth it. I'll be as lonely as IT  wanted me to. They'll never love me. He'll never love me. No one will  even love me. Not after they find out. Not after they leave me

   Eddie stirred slightly before reaching full  consciousness. He felt ragged breathing under the arm wrapped around  Richie's waist. He glanced up from his spot seeing Richie's eyes being  furiously swiped at each time a new tear fell. Eddie's heart jumped in  his chest.

   "Rich?" He whispered, lifting his head, "Richie,  what's wrong? Did I do something? Shit did I hit you in my sleep? I can  move, here I'll move, just let me find a way to-"

   "Eds," Richie's voice came out hoarse as he squeezed Eddie tighter.

   "Yeah, Rich?" 

   "Please don't leave me." Richie came off desperate.

   Eddie raised his eyebrows, confused beyond belief, "Richie," He scooted up to be on the same level, "I'm not leaving."

   Richie didn't seem to hear him.

   "Hey, Rich. Look at me," He gently tilted Richie's  chin towards his face, "I'm never, ever, going to leave you, ever. Do  you hear me? You're... you're the best fucking thing to ever happen to me,  okay? You're my best friend," He chose his words carefully, "You're my  favorite person in the world, and I will never give up on you." 

   Richie's eyes were wide, his vision was blurred from  tears and generally poor eye sight, but Eddie's expression was clear. He  was genuine. 

   "Eds... I can't do this without you. I mean, just, go  on everyday without you? I can't do that. I don't want to do that.  Please don't make me do that, please," He begged, resting his forehead  on Eddie's shoulder. 

   "Shh, Rich, I'm not leaving. I'm here. I'm not  leaving," Eddie whispered to him while pressed soft kisses to the top of  his head. 

   They stayed there for another fifteen minutes before Richie reached the end of his tears.