Chapter 15

Zayn's POV

I made it through the rest of the day avoiding Louis, even though it was hard. He would try to stop me in the halls, but when he saw my hand was laced with Niall's he would leave us alone. I'm just hoping I can get through practice without having to talk to him. He says we need to talk, I think we need to ignore each other for the rest of our years of high school. That's only two more years of this, not so bad right?

"Niall, I have to go change for practice. If anyone is mean to you, just come get me or run away. I'll go as fast as I can." I told him as I made him sit on the bleachers with his toys and a coloring book, then I put a kiss on his cheek. He grabbed both my hands and tangled our fingers together.

"You can protect me like Superman." Hearing Niall tell me that, made me feel proud that he knew that I would protect him. I gave him another kiss on the cheek, then went into the locker room. I was almost the last one in here. Almost...

"Fuck!" A high pitched voice moaned out. I had heard that sound more times than I even want to remember. The sounds were coming from the shower, but the water wasn't on so I knew it was just Louis getting fucked by some poor person that fell for his slut type games. I quickly changed while listening to the grunts and moans, making this by far the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had to go through in my life.

I ran out of the locker room feeling a little flushed and really weird about hearing that, but it just ment that Louis was probably over me and I could have a normal relationship with Niall now. I was actually looking forward to that.

The whole team ran drills for the beginning of practice which involved partners. Liam was late to practice and he seemed really off as we ran the passing drills together. He would trip over his own feet, or he would just completely miss the ball. When we were waiting in line to run the drill, I took that as my chance to ask him what's up.

"Li, are you alright?" I asked my best friend, making him look me in the eyes for the first time this practice. His pupils were blown with a glassy look over them and he looked so exhausted.

"I'm fine, just tired. I'm so happy you finally found out about your feelings for Niall. I saw it the day you started talking to him, and I couldn't wait till you saw it too." Liam told me, but he really sounded off. It almost seemed like he was between two worlds, the real one and his own. It wasn't as bad as last night, but this still worried me.

"Well, you could have told me. Remember that deal you made me last night? If I got Niall to be my boyfriend then you would tell me where you were until three in the morning." I told him, then passed him the ball to start our shooting drill because it was our turn.

Harry was in the net and Louis was defending the goal. Liam was so out of it that when Louis started running at him to get the ball, he passed too late and Louis ended up colliding into him to the ground. I got the ball from wherever Liam's bad pass went and ran to go score. I got it in, then ran back to where Louis was trying to get Liam to focus.

"Liam, come on mate. Are you alright?" Louis asked him while patting Liam's cheek. I kneeled beside my best friend and saw he was just staring straight at Louis with a blank look.

"Li, look at me." I said forcefully. That seemed to get Liam back to our world because his head snapped over to me and his hand reached for the one I rested on his chest. Coach came running over to us as Liam just held my hand and took deep breaths.

"Alright boys, give him some air. Zyan and Louis help me get him off the field, everyone else keep running drills." Coach ordered the boys that were standing around us, looking at the boy on the ground that was completely out of it. Liam just grasped my hand as I helped him sit up. When Louis went to get his other hand, Liam swat it away and clung to me as I helped him stand up. I helped him to the benches as Louis went to get him a Gatorade from his bag. None of us asked Liam any questions until he had half if the drink in him.