Chapter 27

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blood just blood, the guilt was overwhelming.

I was the monster hiding under your bed, the villain in your bedtime stories.

The letter lay there covered in blood, the neat curls of the words smudged in red. By its side lay the stained silver dagger that fell with a clatter just after it ripped the life out of a soul.

My knees buckled beneath me as I collapsed to the floor. My eyes blur with hot tears flooding down my face. I brought shaky hands up to cover my eyes as if to tear myself away from what I had done.

I was so focused on defeating the Beserkian's that I lost myself. I left my home, my brothers, my parents in pursuit of this unrealistic revenge fantasy. They may have always been my enemy but I became their worst nightmare.

I can't do it anymore, I caused years of torture and pain to innocent people which inevitability lead to many suffering. I pulled my hands away to see blood all over, covering my face my dress and the body right in front of me.

I didn't know what to do, when to move, how to move on, but then a comforting hand rested on my shoulder, "hey it's ok." I soft masculine voice spoke.

I turned round to be met with a man, dark brown hair and warm chocolate eyes. He knelt down and held me at arms length, using his thumb to wipe the tears away.

I paused not believing who I saw my voice caught in my throat as he sent a comforting smile my way, captivating my eyes to draw them away from the blood.

"Riden," I mumbled softly.

"Yes love," he chuckled, "is it you, is it really you?"

"What, I've changed that much," I threw myself into his familiar arms and he embraced me tightly.

"How, what, why?" the questions raced around in my head "I thought my brothers were here."

"Oh, they are," he chuckled, I glanced to the side to see Thor and Loki on the floor barely hanging onto life.

I ran over my eyes not knowing what to focus on, blood everywhere daggers piercing their skin.

"You did this," Thor whispered before for his face dropped into nothingness.

"Loki," I whispered silently, "look behind you," were his last words.

Riden grabbed me round my torso standing me up remembering our many training exercises. A cool knife was placed on my throat ready to cut.

"You murdered my uncle, you will murder my father so I am here to get even, an eye for an eye," he whispered coldly into my ear.

"You messed the prophecy up, now there is no right path so out of the 6 of us there's only two left and soon there will be one," the dagger slices my neck.

Blood everywhere blood, I collapsed on the floor in a pool of blood by the side of my dead brothers.

"I want to you give this message for me," Riden's voice changed into nothing I've heard before, he didn't change his tone, it was someone else's voice.