North Corel/Gold Saucer

Chapter 2: North Corel/Gold Saucer

Disclaimer: The song used in this chapter is called Angel and it is the property of Aerosmith. The 'Duck' fortune is the property of Cindy Lewin (Visit her site at do it, now!), and is used without permission. Square-Enix reserves all rights to the characters and places, as usual.

.o.0.o.

After several hard months of travel, the five finally reached North Corel. For over two months they traveled through the mountains separating Costa del Sol and North Corel. Along the way many enemies attempted to stop them, but in the end, the five friends were victorious.

However, these months weren't without several happy moments. Ironically most of these were moments when Cloud and Aerith could just relax and be together for a little while.

"Cloud," she said one night as they made camp shortly after entering the mountains.

"Yeah," he asked as he finished setting up the tents.

"We will return to Costa Del Sol when this is over, right?"

"Of course we will, when this is over I'll take you anywhere you want to go, just you and me," he replied with a grin as he pulled her into a light embrace. They still had to be careful, Barret was still the only one who knew about their relationship and he was keeping quiet, for now.

They quickly moved apart when they heard voices coming towards them, Cloud pretended to make sure the tents were up correctly, and Aerith pretended to check the food supplies. Tifa and Red came towards them, once again arguing about Tifa's snoring.

"I'm telling you, Red, I do not snore!" she said as they came into view.

"Of course you do, you keep everyone awake. You really should see a Doctor about it," Red said, drawing a look that could melt ice from Tifa.

"Great, now I'm getting medical advice from an overgrown hairball. Cloud, do I snore?"

Cloud froze, he knew there was no way to answer this question and not get hurt.

"Umm, I don't know Tifa, I'm a very heavy sleeper, so I wouldn't notice," he answered, hoping she would believe him. In truth, her snores kept him awake on several occasions, it'd be one thing if she had a pattern, but she couldn't snore a rhythm to save her life. The one plus is that her snores were loud enough to scare away any animals.

"What about you Aerith, do I snore?"

"Of course not, Tifa, Red's just being mean," Aerith replied, drawing a glare from the lion.

"See Red, I told you," Tifa said as she stuck her tongue out at the lion and walked away.

"Aerith, what are you saying? You've complained about how she snores so loud she could wake the dead."

"I know that Red, I just told her that so we wouldn't have to listen to you two going on like five year olds."

"Fine, I understand, I know when I'm not wanted," Red said in an amused tone and walked away, in the opposite direction of Tifa.

Cloud and Aerith were now alone once again; she quickly moved back to him and gave him a loving kiss and a hug.

"Will you marry me when this whole Sephiroth thing is done?" she asked from the circle of his arms.

"Of course my love, I'll marry you now or when ever you want."

"Good," she said with a smile.

.o.0.o.

The next morning the party broke camp at daybreak and began their journey towards the Gold Saucer and North Corel, Barret's hometown.

It took them a month and a half to leave the mountains, and another 2 weeks to walk to North Corel.