Chapter 3 Destined to be Apart

Chapter 3

Sound fill my ears, some like a creek in the woods, some like rustling leaves. I smile and enjoy the quiet and peace, forgeting for a while why I hear these noises. But of course, peace only comes for short periods of time.

"Morning sleeping beauty. Did you decide to sleep in today?" I hear Taylor's beautiful voice through my faze of sleepiness. Opening my eyes completely, I look up at him and smile, his blond hair hiding his eyes so that I can only see I white grin grinning down at me.

"Guess so," I sit up and rub my eyes, feeling the sleep in my eyes run under my fingers. I sit up carefully, already knowing my back will be sore from sleeping on the ground. But as I sit up, I realize that I can't move too far.

Looking down at my feet, I see that I am tangled in the blankets that we had on last night. Grinning sheepishly up at Taylor, I say, "So, how many blankets did you sleep with last night?"

He laughs and I watch his stomach muscles ripple across his stomach. And of course, he has goose bumps. Boys, what will we do with them? "Maybe two, or one. No, wait, zero. Yep, I think that is the final answer to your question. So," he nods down at me, "do you need some help?"

"If you wouldn't mind," I gesture toward my feet, taking my arm out from under me in the process. Also in the process making me fall to the ground because of being unbalanced.

I smile up at Taylor again and see him shaking his head, his hands on his hips. "Violet, what am I going to do with you?" I giggle at him until I start to cough.

"Now look at me," I say as he grabs one end of the blanket and starts to tug the blanket towards him. Feeling the ground shift under me, I try to roll with the blanket but end up failing. Miserably.

I listen to Taylor's laugh and try to spit out the grass now in my mouth. Glaring at him, I stand up and flick off the pieces of outdoors that have collected on my pjs. I walk over to one of the pillows and hit Taylor with it.

"That is for laughing," I yell at him, and watch his eyes fill with surprise. This egged me on until I started to trip as I slammed the pillow into him.

"Wait, what are all these other ones for?" he holdes his hands up in protest, not even budging an inch no matter how many times a hit him.

"Nothing," I tell him and continue to pound him. He leans down and picks up the other pillow and slams it into me, knocking me to the ground. "Not fair!" I scream at him and start to laugh as he buffets me with blows, knocking my blonde hair to and fro.

"Enough!" I cry in surrender, holding my arms up. Taking one of my hands, he pulls and lifts me up. "Thanks," I tell him, panting from exhaustion.

"Hey, you can't be tired yet. The day has only begun. You know, we still have to go to the grocery store," Taylor stands there with his hands on his hips and looking down at me with an alluring smile on his face. "Besides, I have plans for tonight. I say we go out to eat on a date. What do ya say?" He holds his hands out to me, his head bowed toward mine.

"I don't know. We have to find a place to stay somewhere at somepoint. And, we still need to pay for all kinds of other stuff. I just don't know," I see Taylor's smile wipe off his face and want to put it back on there again.

"Just let me do this for you. Just this once. I promise I won't do it again. I just have to do this, make up for all that I am putting you through." I stand there astonished. Did he not hear what I had told him last night? This was my fault and he knows it.

"Fine," I say giving in, "but just this once. You can't secretly do anything, okay. Nothing for me. I need to make it up to you though, so I get an excuse. How about I choose something just for us for tomorrow night," I see conflict in his eyes and say one thing more, "I won't go tonight if you don't agree."

Finally sensing him giving in he sighs and says okay. "Good, so now. What about today? Did you say we have to go to the grocery store?"

"Yes indeed," he walks over to the little basket of food that we have. "I was actually just about to make us some cerial this morning, but you decided to wake up just then." He smiles down at me and I blush, feeling my face heat up.

"Okay, let's eat up, change, tidy up a bit, then head on out. Sound like a deal?" I say as sit down and start to open the Cheerio box.

"Coolio. Here, I actually found some bowls over here. And here's a spoon," he drops a bowl into my lap, the spoon rattling inside it. Then, he walks over to get himself a bowl and spoon as well. "Here we are. What a wonderful morning, eating Cheerios with my love. We should write a poem about this." I drop a bowl full of Cheerios into my bowl and shove a spoonful into my mouth.

Chewing thoughtfully, I say, "Mmm, no. I think last night would be a wonderful poem. The psycho boy declaring his love to the crying girl. The boy talking about the wedding as the girl cries about the money. Yes, that is the pefect poem right there."

I scoop another spoonful of Cheerios into my mouth and watch Taylor pour his Cheerios into his bowl. "Okay then, so I'm just assuming here, but I guess I am the psycho boy and you are the distressed little girl?"

"You got it," I say, punctuating my point by waving my spoon. We finish our cereal quietly, both of us thinking of the way we should write our poems. As soon as we finish eating, we start to tidy the tent, which only consists of putting our bowls and spoons away, putting away the pillows, and folding the blakets.

"All done with that," I say wiping my hands on my pajama bottoms. "Okay, so, time to change. And be descent Taylore. We change at the same time," I give him a glare and start go through the hamper full of clothes, trying to pick out the best clothes to wear to the grocery store. I know, it's sad.

As soon as we were ready, we closed the tent and walked down the path toward the road hand in hand.

"How are we going to get to your house?" I ask him, honestly wondering how we were going to go through with this.

"Just do what I do," he mutters as his house looms into view. He comes to a halt as we see police lights blaring in front of his house. "Dang," he mutters under his breath and starts to take off, me being towed behind him.

As we run through the forest, limbs scrath at me, pulling me away from Taylor. "Taylor!" I scream up at him as I see a police officer loom into view behind us.

"What?" he hollers back, making me start to wonder if I really saw the officer. Looking behind me banished that thought. No, I saw him all right, and he's right behind us with a gun. Pointed at me.

"Run!" I scream, and trip over a fallen branch. Not now, I think. No, I can't slow him down. "Go!" I yell as he turns back to grab me. Ignoring my caution as he sees the police officer, he scoops me up and runs.

We run and run and run. What are we going to do now?