Chapter Sixteen

| KIDNAPPED |

The Phantom Fox had no idea where that van was being taken, but she never questioned anything. She complied, even if it wasn't Pierce giving her the order directly. The order came from Pierce and the Strike members were above her. So she had to do what he said. 

The ride was silent, no one spoke a word. The only person doing something was the redhead assassin, she was tapping into the minds of her targets. She was ordered not to kill them. Well just yet. But that didn't mean she couldn't read their minds, right? 

The first person she did was the dark-haired man, who she realised was called Sam Wilson. He was a veteran, had a sister and lived in DC. All the thoughts going through his mind was 

'What the hell is happening here?' 

'Who is this woman beside Steve?' 

'I can't believe my car is destroyed.'

The next was the redhead in front of the assassin. Her name is Natasha Romanoff or Natalia Alianovna Romanova. She grew up in The Red Room, her code name, Black Widow. Her thoughts were more on the serious side. 

'If I can manage to get my hands free, I could take down the two guards. But How would I take out the woman in front?' 

'Who is she anyways?' 

'She has some sort of enhanced abilities like Loki. She can make illusions.' 

'Is she projecting any illusions now?' 

Last was the blond beside her, he was more emotional than the other two. Steve Rogers, she found out his name was. But the name slightly sounded familiar to her for some reason. But she pushed it aside and continued poking at his brain. He got the name Captain America when he was in the second world war. But like his mind, the questions going through his mind were also emotional.

'Hydra must have found Buck when he fell off the train.'

'Why would he work for Hydra?' 

'Better again, why doesn't he know me?

'Could Cassie be with Hydra? No, of course not. She was with me on the plane.' 

'But the plane was empty when Fury found me.' 

'Could Hydra of found her as well?' 

'No. No. Stop thing about that. That's not true.' 

"It was him." Steve was first to break the long silence. His hands were cuffed together in a big piece of metal while he looked down at the ground with a downhearted expression. "He looked right at me. He didn't even know me." 

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago." Sam replied, 

"Zola, Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43 and Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did must of help Bucky survive the fall." Steve sighed "Cassie was right, he did survive the fall." He muttered under his breath. 

"They must have found him and-" Steve eventually looked up, 

"None of that is your fault steve." Natasha cut him off, 

Steve again sighed and looked down. He didn't know what to think. He knew it wasn't his fault that Bucky fell off the train. But he also knew that it wasn't Cassies. But the thing was if he- or even Howard or Peggy- anyone believed Cassie back in 1945. Bucky might actually be alive. Cassie refused to believe Bucky died, she claimed that if he did have the super-soldier serum, he would've survived the fall. But no one could prove that she was telling the truth. So they all just pushed her aside and told her she was stretching it too far with thinking he's alive.