Chapter 1

AUTHORS NOTE THINGY:

So heeeeyyyyyyyy

I suck at updating so the chapters are going to take a while.

But you should read my other Greyson Chance fanfiction ;)

Dedicated to my best friend Abbey, who turned 14 literally 11 minutes ago!

ON WITH THE CRAPTER!

******************************************************************

"Emerald! Maggie needs to let nature take its course!" Uncle Tony screeched from his place at the kitchen table, eating plain, slightly burnt toasts, sipping his black coffee and reading the Sunday newspaper as the poor dog clawed at the door, whining to go out. (As he always does on Sunday mornings)

"Why can't you?!" I holler back from my room down the hall, voice slightly muffled by my pillow. After receiving no sarcastic remark or smartass answer I lift my head and repeat myself. "Why can't you walk Maggie?!" I holler, getting up anyways, knowing my attempts are futile.

"You're young and got two legs. Use 'em while you can!" he yelled back as changed from my comfy flannel bottoms and into a pair of my signature dark wash flare jeans. Not skinny jeans. Eww. So mainstream.

I grab my "I ❤ Paris" light pink sweatshirt hoodie and pull it over my tangled hair after applying deodorant. I step into my comfy black snow boots while using my fingers to comb through my bed messed hair.

"Last time I checked, your legs work too!" I yelled back, grabbing my hobo 'hippie' purse as Uncle Tony calls it, since I got it one time when we stopped in New York and saw an Indian lady selling them at $20 each. On the front was basically a colorful grid of peace signs with my pins from around the world attached to the strap.

After checking my appearance in the mirror and slipping on my clear lensed 'nerd' glasses I step out of my tiny private sanctuary and into the hallway. Not that I minded it was tiny. I'd had far smaller before and constantly moving has taught me to only bring what is necessary.

"I guess you missed the 'young' part. And anyways, your dog, your responsibility!" he yelled back. Yeah, he isn't the biggest Maggie fan but after I literally burst into tears at age five at the thought of Uncle Tony getting rid of the 1/2 year old pup, he let me keep it upon the promise is take care of her once of age.

Gaahhhhhh.

I still have no regrets though.

"Just give me a minute Maggie boo," I comfort the dog while grabbing an apple, single serving size bag of original Sun chips and filling a reusable water bottle with (major shocker) water.

I place the items in my bag and start making a peanut butter and nutella sandwich. I've loved the combination since I discovered it in Paris, two moves ago. After zipping close the plastic bag I place that in the purse too, along with a napkin, my digital camera and a bag of doggie treats and poo bags for Maggie.

"Day out I'm guessing?" Uncle Tony asks, only looking up from the article he's reading for a moment.

"Yup," I respond, calling Maggie over to snap on her leash. The dog eagerly responds and runs towards me. "Thought I might spend the day at the park, ya know, snapping pictures, playing with Maggie. The usual"

"Two weeks and I swear that's the only place you've gone to other than the grocery store and Walmart. Are you ever going to make some friends or really do something?" he questions, passing me my laptop so I may do some school work at the park, my iPhone on top of it because I always forget it.

Slipping it into my pocket I respond, "I figure if I never say 'Hello' I'll never have to say 'Goodbye'. The shortest time we've spent in a place was 2 months. That's long enough to meet someone, be their friend and get attached. Then I'd have to go 'Hey I know I just got here like 8 weeks ago and we've really gotten close and all, but now I'm leaving you to move to a foreign country where I might never get a phone connection strong enough to ever call you again. Sorry dude.' I'd like to remain unattached to anything that doesn't go with us wherever we go."

I tell him, making sure I had my new key. He simply sighed before passing me a debit card. "While you're out, buy some new clothes. You're starting to grow out of them. I expect that $300 to be spent missy. " I nodded and gave him a quick hug before allowing Maggie to pull my out the door and to the park.

But hey, can't blame her.

When nature calls, you answer.

****************************************************************

So how was it?

Like it? Hate it? Want to shove a bowl of steaming hot mashed potatoes in my face for writing something so stupid?

I really want more criticism on this story so plllllleeeeeaaaassssseeeeeeecomment.

I'd like 4 more votes and a comment by my next update, probably in 2 weeks since these updates will be slow.

I think that's pretty manageable.

Thanks :)

FAREWELL MY LOVELY PICKLES!

~~~~~~~~~<{@

Virtual rose for you good sir/ m'am (probably m'am)

February 17th, 2013 💙