Chapter 1~

"KAYLAHN," I hear my friend Taylor scream. 

Uggh, what does she want now, I question her. Taylor has been my roommate for a few years now. It feels like every morning she wants me for one thing or another. I hear her stomp her way up the stairs to my room. I just roll over and put a pillow over my head. She probably wants to show me something on One Direction, again. I don't need that right now. If she knew, she'd understand. Not telling anyone makes sense, but sometimes I wish people would just realize it & leave me alone about it. 

"Go away, please? Taylor, I'll hear about it in a few any how," I roll over to take a quick peek at my clock. I do a double take when I see the time. 

"6:15, Taylor?! It's Saturday, which means I should still be sleeping," I whine. 

"Please, please get up! It's super important." 

How could I resist her when she says it in her little girl voice? It's so cute! I decide to get up anyway. I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep. So, I slide over to the door & let her in. I open it to her standing there with her Nook & a cup of fresh coffee. 

"Here," she says handing me the cup & heading straight to my bed. 

She sits down and pats the space beside her. I sigh & take a sip of coffee & walk over to her. 

"LOOK," she exclaims. "Haylor broke up & now I finally have a chance with him." 

I look at the screen to see a somber looking Harry Styles & a bored Taylor Swift. With out even thinking, I walk out of my room.

 ~~~~~ 

After showering, I end up going for a walk. Having nothing to do, but everything to think about, usually leads to me doing this. Looking up from my feet, enjoying Liam's solo in Little things, I noticed what street  I'm on. Why do I always do this to myself? I ended up right by his childhood home. I take a deep breath and continue walking. It seems like no matter where I am, I'm always reminded of him. I don't have a problem with it, I just hate the feeling of missing him. 

"Kaylahn, is that you," an older voice yells. 

I turn around and see a middle-aged woman standing in Liam's yard. Liam's mother, Karen, was standing there smiling waving me over. At first, I didn't know how to respond, but my legs just started walking themself. When I reach her, she hugs me and says how much she has missed me. We get reaccuainted, then she brings up the touchy subject: Liam. 

"Have you seen Liam lately? He's grown up so much. We're so proud of him," Mrs. Payne gushes. 

"No, I haven't actually. Yeah, me too.. " I sigh. 

"Oh, well we just assumed. You guys were so close when you were young. You were the reason he even had any friends for the longest time," Mrs. Payne states as if I didn't know. 

"You're even the reason he tried out for X-Factor when he was 14, too," says Mrs. Payne.

I smile remembering when I forced a freightened Liam into trying out for one of the UK's top talent shows.

"I remember Mrs. Payne. You see him all the time don't you?"

"Yes, I go and see the boys when they're all together, usually."

"Well, the next time you go to Liam's flat could you possibly tell him 'Hi' for me?"

"Of course, Kaylahn." 

"Thank you, Mrs.Payne. 

We continue talking for a while, mostly about how she's so proud of the boys; their upcoming trips to Africa & Japan; they're chairities; and how much they all deserve thier popularity. Then, suddenly Harry pops back up into my head, right as I'm about to leave.

"Oh! Mrs. Payne, I almost forgot. My roommate has a huge crush on Harry & she would be to ecstatic if you got an autograph for her. I'm sorry for asking, but I probably wouldn't wake up tomorrow if she knew I came over & didn't ask." 

"Of course", Mrs Payne smiles. "Harry's such a sweet boy, he'd do anything for a fan." 

"Thank you so much. I'll try not to be a stranger? "

As I begin to walk out, Mrs. Payne gets a call. A call from the one & only, Liam James Payne. I stand by the door waiting for the call to be done with. Trying to remember every juicy peice I catch out of their conversation. 

"Kaylahn, if you want to tell Li yourself, he'll be back Friday." 

"Okay, I'll be here!" 

I walk to the door and step out.

"Goodbye, Mrs. Payne & thank you!"

~~~~

Waking up the next day wasn't as hard as it was yesterday. I went through my normal routine of drinking my one cup of caffine, weather it be coffee or tea; take a very long, extremely hot shower; and go to my laptop. A few hours later, I look down at the date in the corner trying to figure out what to do on a Thrusday night as Taylor comes in through the back door, and comes up behind me.

"Kay, I'm so bored. I have nothing to do," she pouts.

"Today is an issue. There's nothing to do, but tomorrow....... I have something that I'm pretty sure you'd love," I say in a tone that tells her I know something she doesn't. Which, she hates with a firey passion.

"But the thing is," I continue," you don't get to know UNTIL tomorrow."

She glares at me a huffs. She saunters away, as I yell,

"Don't forget to get out something nice to wear!!"

I  end up sitting infront of the TV watching reruns of the past X-Factor acts. I don't even remember what he looks like in real life anymore, is the last thought I have before I drift into a long, deep sleep.