My Blind Baby

"Alright guys. Ever since the incident, Will hasn't been the same. He's been really upset and crying and I just... I wanna do something for him. Can you think of any ideas?" Nico asked.

Everyone's answers all came roaring back at him all at once.

"HEY!" He yelled. The room immediately shut up. "One at a time please. Jason, you first."

"Alright, a picnic at a beach with your favorite foods." Jason said.

"Okay, why don't we hear everyone's first so next, Piper." Nico replied.

"A weekend away. Just the two of you. Just so he can kind of forget." She answered.

"Percy?"

"I'm with Jason. Picnic at the beach."

"Yeah, how about you do both." Hazel added. "You know, take the weekend off and go down to New Jersey or something. Take him to a hotel on the beach and just have fun."

Everyone nodded in agreement and looked to Nico for approval. He thought for a while then nodded. "Yeah. I like it and I think he will too."

The girls squealed and the guys high fived. Nico rolled his eyes and looked down. Ever since Will and him had gotten together a month after the Giant War the Seven and Reyna had dubbed Will and Nico their OTP and all fangirled over anything they did. It was embarrassing most of the time, getting interrupted in the middle of kissing to a squeal or a clap on the back. But that was really a cover. Nico acted annoyed whenever his friends went full fangirl on him and Will but really, he was overjoyed that his friends accepted his sexuality enough to actually cheer him on when him and Will were expressing PDA.

He smiled and looked around at his friends who were all giggling and gossiping about Will and himself, happy that he finally had friends who really cared for him.

*******

"Nico, where are we going? I'm really not in the mood to go anywhere." Will groaned.

"Shut up and take a nap. I'll wake you when we get there. And no we aren't going to go home no matter how much you whine and cry about it." Nico responded.

Will grunted and muttered something unintelligible before turning over in his seat and falling asleep.

The ride to New Jersey was about four hours long and Will slept the entire time which made me happy because ever since the incident he has had trouble sleeping. If he's lucky he'll get 4 hours a night, at most.

When Nico pulled into a parking space in the hotel lot, he looked over at Will. Will was always an adorable sleeper. He was a cuddler and when he didn't have anyone to cuddle with, he would curl into a ball. Even with the sunglasses Will now wore, his calm sleeping face was Nico's second favorite expression of Will's, after his dazzling smile.

"Will," Nico whispered, placing his hand on Will's shoulder. "Will, we're here."

Will moaned and started sitting up. "We're here?" He asked.

"Yeah,"

"And where, may I ask, is here?" Will sassed.

"We're at the Marion Hotel in Ocean City, New Jersey. We're taking a little vacation." Nico replied.

"Nico... I-I don't think... I-" Will stuttered.

"Hey. Ever since the incident you've been... distant. Upset. And... honestly, it hurts. I feel like I'm failing you as a boyfriend because I can't make you feel better." He said, playing with the fraying holes in his ripped jeans.

"Nico..." Will said, fumbling around trying to find Nico's hand. He places his hand on top of Will's. "None of this is your fault. You're not failing me as a boyfriend and because I made you feel like that, I'm failing you. It's just... I'm struggling with coming to terms with... with being blind. It kills me to know that I'll never get to see you again. That I'll never be able to see the child I want to adopt with you later. It's just... It's so hard learning to deal with never being able to see again." Will choked out.