Chapter Three

"OUCH!"

"Holy fuck guys, that one really hurt," Wren said to her prep team as she was naked on the table. Halo had just ripped a wax strip off of her leg.

"Language!" Jewel scolded. Her diamond embezzled eyebrows scrunching in anger.

Halo looked at her, "It's not our fault you're hairy. I mean you really could've given us something to work with here." Halo's yellow eyes looked back at her legs. Emerald butted in before Wren could counteract.

"Halo don't even get me started on her nails! I'm going to have to use acrylics. It's just a stub! Ridiculous." The green woman complained as she put fake nails on the girl. Wren was angry, to say the least.

"Well, I'm sorry I don't live in luxury like you all. I barely get food half of the time let alone a razor." Wren snapped and let off some steam.

"Ouch! Can I at least get a warning when you're going to pluck?" she asked Halo.

"No need dear, I'm done. Time to wash you again!" Halo smiled. Jewel got to work and soon Wren was in a giant tub full of hot water like she was hours before. The soap smelled like fresh flowers.

Once her prep team was done the three led her to a room where she was to await her stylist. Wren was nervous about the parade. She saw the people when she arrived at the Capital but the parade would hold thousands more. Her mind wandered to President Snow. He would be there as well. Jewel's voice snapped her back to the team.

"Wren, honey, it was a pleasure to meet you. Even if you have an attitude." Jewel said before they left her alone in her silk robe.

"An attitude?" Wren asked herself. "You guys washed me raw and you don't expect me to fight back?" The girl was bewildered at the attitude of the Capital folk. "Unbelievable," she muttered under her breath.

Wren waited for what felt like hours when in reality it was only minutes. A man stepped into the room and suddenly her cheeks heated up. She felt self concise. Wren pulled the robe around tighter hoping to hide more.

The man chuckled. "As you can see in the Capital we have no boundaries Ms. Eldrid. The sooner you remove your robe the sooner I can decide which outfit to place you in." The man was fair toned with fiery red hair.

Wren dropped her robe still feeling out of place. The man walked around her. "My name is Asher and I'm your stylist. District Ten, hmm." He rubbed his chin. Asher's eyes were red. His actual iris was dyed red. Wren couldn't imagine what that process was like.

"Am I going to be a cowgirl?" Wren partly joked. Asher laughed.

"No, Tracy, Belma, Verona, and I have decided to stay away from cowboys and girls this year. Tell me, darling, when you think of District Ten what do you think of?" Wren smiled, "Cows, chickens, and pigs, but the stars are my favorite."

"Close your eyes."

Wren closed her eyes and material was slipped onto her body. Something was placed on her head.

"Open them," Asher said.

Wren opened her eyes. One word came to mind as she looked in the mirror- leather. Scratch that, brown leather. Wren was in a brown leather romper. Bronze horns sat atop her head as well, which could only mean she was a bull. Asher carried over a bronze metal skirt, well a half skirt. It attached to her hips like a belt and only flowed down the back half leaving the front half-open. Her shoes were leather cowboy boots with bronze accents. They were uncomfortable.

Her makeup, like her nails and jewelry, was bronze. Looking over to Asher the brunette smiled. A fake smile.

"I love it." She managed to say.