Chapter 1- Introduction

Spotleaf looked at Palesnarl , the pure white queen merely hissed. Palesnarl had given birth not to long ago, and already Pikekit and Fernkit looked ill meanwhile, though blind, Tigerkit looked all well and healthy. "Spotleaf!" Yellowleaf called. "I'm kind of worried about Palesnarl's two she kits," she told her mate. "Could you get Snowyflight and Jaybird?" Yellowleaf smiled. "Anything for you." Once Yellowleaf was gone, she looked at her own kits, Softkit and Vinekit , both asleep soundly. A noise sounded from the entrance, it was Jaybird. "Snowyflight is ill," he murmured,"so I'm here, what seems to be the problem?" Spotleaf scratched behind her ear,"It's Palesnarl's kits." Jaybird went to the kits and his dark blue gray fur shout up. "GREENCOUGH! They have GREENCOUGH!" Jaybird rushed out of the den, came back with catnip. "Wait, what! It's n-not working..." Palesnarl suddenly looked shocked. "They're barely breathing," she cried,"do something!" Jaybird turned his head. "There nothing we can do..." Palesnarl sadly looked at the dying kits. "We're too late..." Spotleaf looked Palesnarl, colour had faded from her kits eyes. "I-I-...." Spotleaf woke her kits. "We're going to see the elders, ok?" Softkit's ears pricked. "Sure Mama!" She and Vinekit said in unison. 'She's only 2 moons old and already her personality is showing,' thought her mother. Spotleaf followed her kits to the elder's den. "Morin' Spotleaf," said the leader. "Well, hello, Fernstar,sister," Spotleaf returned the greeting. Eagerly, Softkit jumped onto Fernstar. "She does that,often," says Spotleaf, apologetic. "I see...." Spotleaf gulped. "Well we best be off." Fernstar looked concerned. "Why aren't you in nursery?" Spotleaf frowned. "See for yourself, too tough to explain." Fernstar mumbled,"Well ok." Softkit's smile widened,"There it is!" She and Vinekit raced off to the elders den. Spotleaf followed them in. "Hey, Venomstrike." Venomstrike smiled,"Hey sunny"

"My name is Softkit!"

"Ok sunny"

"For the last time it's 'Soft' know your own grandkin, for StarClan's sake!"