Ch2: A Little Overheated Pt 1

The day began to drag on and today's lesson for Pela was going to be really interesting.

Pela saw three big rocks that had wires in them that were also connected to some sort of machine.

She then looked at Joshua, who was now ready to talk to her and the rest of the class.

"Sound waves. So... If we know that sound waves gain wavelength and lose frequency as they travel through more dense materials. Then, the anomalies in these waves are the means by which we can surmise the fundamental architecture of our planet..." Joshua said, in a scientific explanation.

As Pela was taking notes, she began to feel hot.

So hot that her hair was steaming, which wasn't natural.

Christine, one of the students, saw that Pela's hair was steaming.

She raised her hand.

Anyone who saw that there was something wrong with Pela had to report it to Joshua.

Joshua looked at her.

"What is it, Christine? Also... How are the nails coming?" He said, seeing that Christine had her feet on the desk.

"There's something wrong with Pela." Christine said, announcing it to everyone in the class.

Pela was now twiddling her thumbs nervously when Christine just said her name out loud in class.

Joshua nodded his head, in understanding and then walked over to Pela.

Pela now had her head in her hands when Joshua came over to her.

Joshua then placed his hand on her shoulder.

Pela uncovered her face with her hands as she was now looking at him.

"Pela, is it okay if we talk about this in the hallway?" Joshua asked, in a low voice.

Pela looked around the class who were looking down at her, wondering what the two were talking about.

"Yes. It's fine, Joshua." She said as she was now slowly beginning to get down from the desk.

Joshua then helped her as he picked her up and held her.

The class was surprised, including Me. Keyes's two assistants Mr. Acker and Veronica.

"Mr. Acker... Veronica... Keep an eye on the class please while I'm out here with Pela..." Joshua said, in an instructing but concerned voice.

Mr. Acker and Veronica nodded their heads yes in understanding as Joshua went out the door with Pela.

There was something really wrong with Pela and whatever it was, Joshua was just about to find out what it is...