Ch1: Pela

University of Chicago

Standing in the middle of the line that was outside of Room 535 was a young girl named Pela.

Pela Alyssa Maui.

Sure she was young but, she really liked to take this class because it helped her understand the new volcanic world that she was in.

She was at least four to seven years old but, she was the smartest.

After about ten to fifteen minutes of waiting, Pela finally approached the open door where Joshua Keyes was there to greet her.

Her and Joshua have a very special bond.

Ever since her first day, Joshua has grown quite attached to her.

Now, he can't keep his eyes off of her.

Not even for a few seconds because he's scared that something bad will happen to her.

Plus, during class, the seismograph that was on the lab table counter began to move.

Pausing between a segment, Joshua would look at the seismograph, seeing that there were seismic waves on it that looked really vigorous and aggressive, like there was a really bad earthquake that has just went through.

After looking at the seismograph, Joshua would then look at Pela and see that she would have a half happy half anxious face.

She would also have smoke coming from her hair.

*Maybe Pela's some sort of volcanic deity... But, she's just a normal girl. Well, definitely not normal because of her size. Maybe she has something to do with the seismograph having waves on it...* Joshua said, thinking to himself.

"Good afternoon, Pela." He said, greeting her as they hugged each other.

Pela smiled at her.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Keyes." She said, reminding herself that she was about to enter the classroom.

Joshua chuckled.

"Pela, you're my special student so, you know by now to call me Joshua." He said, looking into her eyes.

Pela smiled at him.

"Yes, Joshua." She said, with a cute red-pink blush on her face.

Joshua smiled at her as Pela now went in and sat down in the front.

There were only at least ten to fifteen students and Pela was among them.

After everyone got in, Joshua closed the door and before he looked at his students, including Pela, he sighed.

This was going to be a really long day...