[ chapter eight ]

venus' pov

venus' pov

"i lost him! he's headed your way!" steve told us. "shit. okay, if we're gonna do this, we need to do it quickly." i said. nat drops the cradle into the quinjet but suddenly gets dragged away. "nat!" i yell, immediately holding onto her arms. "shit! clint, ultron's got nat!" i yell. "don't let go!" she tells me. "i won't, i swear." "if you have the package, get it to stark! go!" steve yells. "steve, i swear to god!" i say, my hands slowly slipping. "you're slipping!" i tell nat. "let go, i'll be fine." she tells me.

"i'm sorry." i whispered.

—————————————
"anything on nat?" bruce asked. "no. it's been radio silence. but she has to be alive. if not, ultron would be rubbing it in our faces." i said. "this is sealed tight." clint said, referring to the cradle.

"we're going to have to access the program, break it down from the inside." bruce explained. "hm. any chance natasha might leave you a message? outside the internet? old school spy stuff?" tony asked clint. "there's some nets i can cast. yeah, alright. i'll find her." clint said, walking away.

"i can work on tissue degeneration, if you can fry whatever operational system cho implanted." bruce told us. "i can help you with that, if you'd like." i offered. "yeah, about that."

"what?" i asked. "no." bruce immediately said. "you have to trust me." "with what?" "kinda don't." bruce told tony. "our ally? the guy protecting the military's nuclear codes? i found him." tony told him. he brought up a 3D image of JARVIS.

"hello, dr. banner. ms. fury." i heard JARVIS greet. "JARVIS!" i said, excitedly. "ultron didn't go after JARVIS cause he was angry. he attacked him because he was scared of what he can do. so JARVIS went underground. okay? scattered, dumped his memory. but not his protocols. be didn't even know he was in there, until i pieced him together." tony explained. "so, you want us to help put JARVIS into this thing?" i asked him.

"no, of course not! i want to help YOU put JARVIS in this thing." bruce shook his head, "we're out of my field here. you know bio-organics better than anyone."

"and you just assume that JARVIS' operational matrix can beat ultron's?" bruce asked. "JARVIS has been beating him from inside without knowing it. this is the opportunity, we can create ultron's perfect self, without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality. we have to."

"i believe it's worth a go." JARVIS agreed. "no, i'm in a loop! i'm caught in a time loop! this is exactly where it all went wrong!" bruce said, getting more frustrated. "time loop? wait, hold on, tony you're the reason for all of this??" i ask, eyes widening. "glad you've finally figured it out." he told me, "i know what everyone's going to say, but they're already saying it." he continued. "we're mad scientists. we're monsters, guys. we gotta own it. make a stand." bruce just shook his head at that. "it's not a loop. it's the end of the line."

—————————————
bruce, tony and i were experimenting on the synthetic body that was inside the cradle. "this framework is not compatible." tony said. "the genetic coding tower's at ninety-seven percent. you have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." i told them.

suddenly, steve comes into the lab with the twins. "i'm gonna say this once more." he started. "how about nonce?" "shut it down!" steve demanded.

"nope. not gonna happen." tony immediately replied, shaking his head. "you don't know what you're doing." "and you do? she's not in your head?" bruce asked. "i know you're angry." the girl said. "oh, we're way past that. i could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." i stand there, not knowing what to do in this situation.

"banner, after everything that's happened—" steve said. "that's nothing compared to what's coming!" tony yelled. "you don't know what's in there!" the girl yelled back. "this isn't a game—" steve said. "the creature—" the girl started.

suddenly, the boy used his speed to destroy the lab equipment. "what the hell?!" i yelled at him. he looked at me, his eyes softening a bit before they became hard. "no, no. go on. you were saying?" he asked, urging them to continue.

the glass behind him shatters and i turned around to see that clint shot the glass. "pietro!" the girl yelled. "what? you didn't see that coming?" clint told him. bruce grabbed wanda and told her, "go ahead, piss me off."

"bruce." i warned him. everyone starts fighting when thor enters and hits the cradle with his hammer, sending a lightning bolt through it that brings the body to life.

"what the hell?" i whispered. "wait!" bruce yelled. we all looked at the new being, shocked. the body launches himself at thor, throwing him to the window.

"i'm sorry. that was... odd." he said.

but he said it in JARVIS' voice.

he looked at thor, "thank you." "tony, why does he have JARVIS' voice?" i asked him. "i don't know, venus." "thor, you helped create this?" steve asked.

"i've had a vision. a whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." he explained, pointing to the gem in the forehead in the robot's head. "what? the gem?" i ask him. "it's the mind stone. it's one of the six infinity stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." he explained.

"then why did you bring it to..." steve trailed off. "because stark is right." "oh, then it's definitely the end times." i said. "the avengers cannot defeat ultron." thor said. "not alone." the robot said. "why does your 'vision' sound like JARVIS?" steve asked. "we... reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." tony told him.

"i think i've had my fill of new." steve replied. "you and me both." i told him. "i'm not ultron. i'm not JARVIS. i am... i am." "nice to meet you i am." i told him.

"i looked in your head and saw annihilation." the girl told him.

i really love their accents.

"look again." vision told her. "yeah. her seal of approval means jack to me." clint said. "their powers, the horrors in our heads, ultron himself, they all came from the mind stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. but with it on our side..." thor trailed off.

"is it you? are you on our side?" steve asked him. "i don't think it's that simple."

"well it better get real simple, real soon." clint said. "i am on the side of life. ultron isn't, he will end it all." vision said. "what's he waiting for?" i asked him. "you."

"where?" bruce asked. "sokovia. he's got nat there too." "thank you, clint." i said, grateful for the information.

"if we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that ultron made you to be..." bruce said. "what will you do?" vision asked us, "i don't want to kill ultron. he's unique, and he's in pain. but that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. and not one of us can do it without the others. maybe i am a monster. i don't think i'd know if i were one. i'm not what you are, and not what you intended. so there may be no way to make you trust me. but we need to go." he said, holding up thor's hammer. we all freeze, staring in shock. i start giggling, the giggling turning into laughter. thor takes it, with vision walking off.

"who's the worthy one now?"

—————————————
thank u sm for over 100 reads !!

word count: 1311