Chapter Thirty Seven

I was nervous. It was time for the party. My heart raced with both joy and anxiety. Hopefully, everything would go well. Krimla and Rox were helping me out. I had already bathed and used soap with rose fragrances. I figured I would use a rose fragrant cream as well. I hoped I smelled nice for the other Sha council members and senate. I did not know if they would appreciate the scent of a rose. I remembered that when I first met Brok he was most attracted to its thorns and not to its true beauty. With luck, they wouldn't be the same.

Now however even more questions invaded my mind, like; what would I talk about with the council members and the senate? I realized I knew nothing about politics. When I lived on Earth if I voted once it was a miracle. I barely even voted or cared for the candidates. In fact for the most part I didn't even know half of the people who ran on the ballot anyway, much less this other world, although I doubted that elections were done here. I frankly had no idea of how the Sha system worked. I remember the several times I tried to ask Prince Brok about it, but he always seemed stressed by it. He never wanted to talk politics with me, so I barely knew anything.

Despite all of my insecurities I had to talk myself down, tell myself to take it easy and to try to relax. After all this was just a party to meet the Sha people, not to talk about politics. For all I knew they would have a lot of questions as well, so we were probably riding the same boat. Of course, they were a bunch more and I was just one human, so that made things a little unnerving, but I figured if Brok liked me, they would eventually like me too.

I wore my dress and slowly, but not in turtle mode I slipped my arms through the elbow length sized sleeves and fixed myself up the best I could. I looked at myself in the mirror and a wow came out of my lips. I had to admit, I looked radiant. High heels that were ruby red were waiting for me on the floor next to the dresser. I picked them up and placed them on my feet. They were sparkling and gorgeous. I was not too used to high heels, but luckily, I had practiced wearing them a couple of times, so the practice sessions would have to do. Hopefully, I wouldn't fall flat on my butt.

Someone knocked on the door. My heart jumped. I thought that maybe it was Brok.

"Come in," I said expecting him at any moment. It wasn't. It was Krimla. She came in with her usual look until she saw me in my dress. Her jaw dropped opened. She was about to say something when I turned around to look at her, but she was silent.

"What's the matter? Are you alright?" I asked worried. Maybe she was suffering of a heart attack or something, but since she wasn't a human I really didn't know. She shrugged and shook her head rapidly.

"You look... beautiful," she said.

"Really? I still have to fix my hair though," I said.

"Lovely," Krimla said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Oh... I forgot... I came in here to tell you that the prince is on his way here. He will be coming with his parents," she said. My pulse just accelerated twice over after she said that. I was going to say, what? I had to relax.

"Oh... thank you..." I said. Was I going to faint? I needed to catch my breath.

"Are you alright? You seem strange?" Krimla asked me.

"No... I mean... yes I'm fine. I'm just a little nervous," I said shaking and nodding my head all at once. My belly churned. I was not as relaxed as I thought I was.

"Oh, don't worry Anabella, you'll do fine," Krimla said. I had to wrap my head around that idea and I quickly nodded taking it in and trying to make it sink.

"Yes... thank you. I have to fix my hair and put on some make up," I said. This worked wonders as a distraction. God knew I needed one.

"Can I help you?" Krimla asked me. I nodded.

"Yes. I would really appreciate it, if you did. I'm going to show you the hairstyle I want. It has to be done exactly like you see. Here," I said touching the buttons of the wall. The hairdo appeared on the wall in a hologram.

"This is what I want," I said.

"Wow... this hair will look... wonderful," she said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Okay, so let's do it," she said. Quickly and without hesitation she got her hands and her fingers to work. I felt her fingers turning and twisting my hair. Sometimes an occasional ouch came out of the process and Krimla would gently apologize and move on. After half-an-hour later my hair was done. I wore a simple, yet very effective French pleat. I had on long bell like earrings.

"I never knew how much difference a hair due would do to a creature's appearance," Krimla commented.

"You seem surprised," I said playfully. I had to try to calm myself down.

"I must admit that I am surprised. Yes. I am interested in changing my hair apparel as well," she said. I turned around and looked at her hair for a moment. It seemed pretty much alive with all of that static around it. Her purple hair moved slowly, almost like defying the rules of gravity itself. I had no idea how to help her or if it was a good idea. I wondered if her hair was electric. I didn't want to receive a shock. I thought that maybe it was better if she dealt with her own hair and I abandoned my impulse to help her.

"Well, thank you, but I have to put on my make-up."

"I can help," Krimla volunteered, but I shook my head.

"No Krimla, I'd like to do it myself if you don't mind."

"Okay. I will inform you when the guests arrive," Krimla said.

"Yes, thank you, but I would like to know when Brok arrives," I replied. Krimla nodded and left me. I searched for make up on the computer and once I found I pulled out of the hologram as usual and took immediately worked on putting it on. I rummaged looking for the perfect colors or at least for the colors that I thought that would look perfect on me. If I didn't like a dash of this blush or that eyeliner, I had a bunch of wipes to wash my face with. I experimented with what I felt comfortable with and with what I liked the most. I only failed the blush test, so I ended up wiping my face, but everything else seemed to make my face look quite fine.

"A red ruby lipstick it is," I said to myself half smiling. I barely used any strong colors on my makeup, but tonight was a special party night. Tonight, was a formal situation, not my usual and casual day out and so hopefully I would cause a good impression. At least Krimla thought that I looked beautiful, so that had to count for something, right? I added some blush for the final touch and I was done before the first bell rung.

"Anabella, the guests are arriving," Krimla told me.

"Good. You better escort them into the party room and make sure that Rox helps you with them," I said.

"But what about you? Won't you meet with them as the coordinator of the party?" Krimla asked. I shook all over, but I had to calm down.

"I'm waiting for Brok to arrive. I figure, it's his house and in the end it's his party so... once he's here we can greet them together," I said.

"Oh, okay. What should I tell the guests then?"

"Tell them that they are welcome to food and beverages. I'll come down as soon as the prince is here. Oh and tell Rox that he can turn on the music. The music that I selected for the party," I ordered. Was I becoming too bossy? My gosh I was nervous. Just relax.

"Yes, Miss Torres," Krimla responded and out she went to meet with the guests.

"You can do this. You can do this," I told myself. Minutes later I was told that the prince had arrived home.