17 - just chilling out me box

He put salt in the cake instead of sugar

-------------
C

hapter 17 : just chilling out me box

I look at the pot of salt in my hand and then at Riccardo who is just putting the cake in the oven. Mhm, if I said anything we're going to have to start over and Riccardo is going to be even moodier than he already is. And if I don't say anything maybe it's going to be funny.... Quickly I put the glass jar in the cupboard where I saw Riccardo take it out. No one is going to notice anything until they eat from the cake. I close the cabinet again and turn around, Riccardo is already back at the kitchen island on his phone. Typical.

"He's here!" Cries Emilio suddenly hysterically. Leonardo looks up from writing and then looks at his watch.

"He's too early," he stresses. Alessandro looks at the pendulum in his hand.

"I'm not done yet!" He too begins to stress. I quickly walk over to him.

"Can I help?" I ask. Alessandro nods and hands me a roll of tape.

"Hand me tape so I can hang the pendulum up," I do as he says and hand him pieces of tape as he hangs the pendulum up.

"Okay he's in the garage! He can come any time leave everything and hide," Valentino whispers.

Alessandro drops the pendulum, which sticks up at one end and the other end falls to the ground, he grabs my hand and pulls me towards a two meter seat and pushes me behind it, then he sits down on the ground behind it as well. We look carefully above the seat. Lorenzo walks quietly to the long curtain and goes behind it, Leonardo hides behind a wall, Riccardo stands next to the door so that when the door opens he won't be seen, Valentino hides behind a large plant and Emilio looks around like a fool because he can't find a place to hide. All the hiding places have been used up. Emilio walks up to the curtain and wants to hide behind it too but Lorenzo pushes him away.

"Find your own hiding place," he whispers. Emilio looks around hysterically and then we hear footsteps. Emilio's eyes get big and quickly he ducks under the table, where you can just see him very clearly. I see the latch of the door go down and just as it opens Alessandro pushes my head down. I look up at him and he puts his finger to his mouth as a sign for me to be quiet. Suddenly Alessandro is holding a large box and points his finger at me and then at the box. Confused, I frown my eyebrows, what does he mean? Alessandro grabs my hand and gently pulls me towards the box, still confused I look at him.

"Crawl into the box," he says soundlessly. Wildly I shake my head. No way!

"Just go in," Alessandro says soundlessly again. Again I shake my head, then Alessandro begins to gently push me into the box, head first. I try to struggle but Alessandro is too strong and somehow he gets me into the box. I look at Alessandro in surprise and he just grins back before closing the flaps of the box so you can't see me anymore.