17. Seal my fate tonight

Trigger warning for this chapter: literally almost everything you can find labeled as TW, blood, murder, abuse, going "Past the point of no return". In one word: Erik. Also references to "Jekyll and Hyde" in this chapter, thus the video above LOL. Let's get to the story...

I walked up to Erik and watched him get ready for the show. He put on his coat and the cape. Then he turned his face away from me. I saw his hand reaching up to his face and a second later he set his white mask down on the desk. He replaced it with a black one, that covered both of his cheeks, nose and forehead. He would never normally hide his face from me. It was another sign of his lack of trust towards me and it pained to feel on my own skin.

I was standing there, waiting for him to say anything, but he remained silent. I was holding my arms behind my back and swinging back and forth on my feet. Erik walked away from his desk and around me.

In a second I felt a rope being tied around my wrists. I turned my head around to see Erik with his weapon.

"Erik!" I called out, both scared and angry.

No matter what I did, I couldn't free myself from the Phantom's shackles. I tried to pull. I tried to turn my hands around. Nothing worked.

"Erik, please!" I shouted, but he ignored it.

The Phantom aggresively pulled the cord and I collapsed onto the ground. Then he tied the other end of the rope to the wall, making it impossible for me to walk away. I was kneeling next to the wall as he was towering above me, looking down in satisfaction.

"Erik..." I cried and felt tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Do you really think that I would ever let you go?
Do you think I'd ever set you free?
"

He recited slowly, every word felt like a cut though my heart.

"If you do, I'm sad to say, it simply isn't so.
You will never get away from here!
"

I trembled at his growling voice. It wasn't Erik speaking, it was the Phantom.

"All that you are is a face in the mirror
You walk away and I'll get out!
" I shouted with pain in my voice.

"I'm what you face when you're facing the mirror
I'm already there, inside your mind!
" He grinned awfully.

"All that you do is bring people nightmare!
All that you'll get is a panicked scream!
After tonight they will end your demon dream!
"

I tried to stop him for everyone's sake, but the Phantom was not going to back out whatsoever. He only sang out in response:

"This is not a dream, my friend, and it will never end!
This will be the nightmare for them all!
I will get what's mine, no matter what they may pretend
And my triumph will be their final fall!
"

Erik shouted and let the echo repeat the notes, as if it worked alongside with him, trying to get this truth to my head.

"Erik, please, free me." I demanded but he only smirked with the fire in his eyes. He got down to the level of my face and held my chin in his hand. He responded:

"You will not ruin my plan tonight, I'm sorry." He stood up, turned around and walked back to his desk.

"Promise me that you won't hurt anyone." I pleaded as my last resort.

At these words he strightened up. His eyes were locked on me, which made my heart skip a beat. The sight of his evil smile made me freeze as he said:

"I can't."

Then he slowly walked to the mirror and, checking once again if the mask is properly attached, sang: