Broken 14- Staying True

Dedicated to Alisha5432, you made my year. Jazakallah khair for all the votes, I can't express how much it means to me right now. Thank you so much for appreciating my stories and ignoring my lame writing.

*Fahmy's POV.*

Teresa called me panicking and asking me to go home quickly. My heart started racing inside my chest, what happened to Ilhaam this time. Even though we are mad at each other, I won't handle it if something happens to her.

A million thoughts cross my mind, negativity hitting me, but non of them were close enough to what was really happening . I never had it coming. Storming into the house I find Teresa dancing impatiently in her feet, holding the phone in her hand.

"Teresa, what is going on?" I ask watching around, but everything seemed pretty normal until now. 

"Sr. thank god you came right away." She says looking from me to the corridors that lead to the rooms.

"Teresa you are scaring me. Where is Ilhaam?" I demand and she points to the corridors. Taken by anguish my feet move quickly along the corridor towards our room, I opened the door and no matter how many times I told my heart and mind that this was the best idea, putting it in practice was like a knife stubbing across the chest.

*Ilhaam's POV.*

I flinch on the brutal opening of the door, meeting my favourite hazel of disappointment containing his panting breath. He looks at me with surprise in his eyes, I made myself quit the tears. Now I feel them scrolling down my cheeks unauthorised.

I was confident he had a pure heart, but now, I don't know. He was screening his true image from me from the very begging, god knows what else ugly truth he has been keeping from me.

Back then if I hadn't fronted him about his mother, maybe until now she would still be icognit for me. I wish he would be more like his father, serene and comprehensive, instead he decided to be like the person he says to hate the most.

Or maybe he just hates the fact that his love was not corresponded, the same way he loved Cassie and she did not correspond it within his expectations.

I watch as he travels his eyes around the room and  lands once again on me. I fold the skirt I was holding in my hand, turning my gaze back to what I was doing, my vision blared with tears now.

Why did he have to come now. "What are you doing?" He asks, and as I wanted to reply more tears rained down my cheeks. "You really know how to look for attention." He says under a chuckle. Attention is the last thing I wanted from him now; maybe an explanation for his  frigidity. I turn to him indignant.

"I'm packing, and I don't know what you are doing here. Since I seem to be living alone in this house lately." I say and gives me a crooked knowing smile.

"Finally going to move in with your ex boss!" He says provocatively .

"Stop offending me, because on contrary of you I always stayed true for me and for you. My life was never perfect but I carry no grudges for that." I find myself on the top of my voice.

"It's not what it looks like for me. You are no different than other women, gladly I see it now." He say so softly it hurts.

"And you are no different from your mother, heartless, frigid and for you your feelings are more important than anything. Nobody else has feeling, only you."

"Stop saying nosense. If you want to leave, then do so. I won't stop you." Hard to see that he didn't care about us anymore.

"That's what I will do and I'm taking your son with me, because just like Hadia you have not enough love to raise a child." I say and close the suitcase as he looks at me puzzled.

"That boy is not my child, please don't repeat that."

"Stop living in denial, Fahmy." I beg him.

"You say you love me, then you believe in third people."  reaching to the smashed paper on the ground, I unfold it, trying to make it as clear as possible.

"Here is the exam that you never had the courage to do. 99.99% compatible, father and son." I hold it in front of his eyes. "You knew it all along, didn't you?" I ask cooking my head to one side as he frowns looking blankly at me. "Don't I have a reason to feel betrayed now?"

I drop the paper to the bed and march out of the room unable to stop the tears running down my face.

******

A short chapter, sorry. Time is really tight for me now, please vote and comment... :-)