Chapter 7- Childish Contradictions

"It was many a year ago,in a kingdom by the sea... she lived with no other thought than to love and be loved by me."
-Edgar Allen Poe

>>------------->

Chapter 7-Childish Contradictions

It had been 2 days since my coming out and life had honestly been going exceptionally well. I still had yet to make an edible breakfast but today my mom was off so I wouldn't have to starve or wonder if I was going to get food poisoning from whatever concoction I foolishly called 'breakfast'.

After the slightly creepy, oddly specific post Tucker had made, he was quiet on social media and nothing had come of it.

I hoped nothing would.

I was no where near out of his grasp.

Any time I missed him I contemplated my locket.

Every time I reached for it, missing.

Every time it reminded me, I didn't need him as much as I wanted him.

My alarm awoke me at the same time as always. It's annoying shrill barging through my ear drums. Mittens shoved her head further under the covers. "I feel the same." I laughed at her. One more day and I could sleep in I told myself. Or more truthfully, sleep the day away.

I got out of bed quicker than usual seeing as it was Friday.

My plan was simple, get through the day as fast as possible so that I could zoom home and sleep. You see I am trying to break my 16 hour record and tonight was calling my name to do so.

I first let Mittens out, making her food as she stretched and rubbed up against my leg. We all know how long it takes me to make her food so I will spare the details.

I headed off to the bathroom looking in the mirror the bruise that had once stretched about half my face, was now receding only covering a small patch near my jawline in a quite flattering shade of magenta.

I turned my gaze towards my hair, it was definitely messy. I made a mental reminder to get it cut soon as the ends were starting to curl awkwardly.

I swiftly fixed it to the best of my ability before grabbing some clothes. Typical dark jeans and a oldish band t-shirt I bought out of impulse a few years back. I didn't mind though. The band 'Modern Baseball' will always be a classic in my books.

I threw my water bottle, gym clothes, headphones, pencils and textbooks into my bag. Placing my bag over my shoulder I followed the sweet smell of breakfast coming from the kitchen. My nose carried me towards the scent like a basset hound on a mission.

"Good morning mom!" I greeted with a smile. "Smells good." I said, making my way over to the fridge to find today's candidate for lunch.

I wrinkled my nose at the spinach salad in my hand prior to moving out of the way and grabbing the left over take-out spring rolls we had for dinner last night. I threw them in my bag before turning my attention to my mom.

"Good morning to you too." She sang as she flipped a pancake on the griddle. "Sleep well?" She questioned.

"Yeah it was pretty good, I'm still tired though, it's been a long week." I replied. Which was true it was one exhausting experience but for the first time in a while, I felt like I was actually living.