C H A P T E R T E N

TW: MENTIONS OF BLOOD &
CRAPPY WRITING
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

“ - I have to go ” Hermione said, her heart stammering with anxiety upon seeing Parkinson - Pansy - enter the Great hall with a grim look on her face. She stood up, leaving a clueless Harry at at the table, and hurried over the the Slytherin.

“ Pansy, are you alright? How's Draco doing? ” She asked, not bothering with any small talk when she approached the Slytherin at the door. Pansy seemed pleased with this, but didn't smile.

“ I'm fine, thanks, Hermione. Draco, however... ” she sighed. “ Do you think you could brew up another pain numbing potion? It's getting bad again... ”

With a small, empathetic, small Hermione placed a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder. “ Of course. I brewed one last night, you stay and get something to eat, alright? I'll give it to him. ”

Pansy nodded, reluctantly. She didn't want to leave Draco alone for too long, but, for some reason, she couldn't help but trust Hermione. “ He's in his private dorm - they're located at the second painting right from the Dungeons - the password is 'determination'. Just look for the door with his nameplate. ”

“ Alright. See you soon, yeah? ”

“ Yeah, alright. See you... ” She mustered up her best smile, catching Harry's eyes watching her curiously from the Gryffindor table. Her false smile faded.

After a few questioning glances from the few Slytherins who were roaming the common room of the private dorms, Hermione finally closed the door behind her.

Draco's dorm was, surprising, simple. If it weren't for the few scattered potion equipment and textbooks, Hermione would've thought that a Muggle had been sleeping there. She had no time to ponder over her newly developed curiosity, though.

The bathroom light peeked out from underneath the bathroom door, and Hermione quickly fumbled to find the vile in her robe pocket. “ Draco? ” she called in, what can be considered, a motherly voice. “ I have another potion for the pain; Pansy asked that I bring you one... Can you open up? ”

A few moments of silence passed and an unsettling shiver of fear traveled down her spine. “ Draco? Draco, I'm coming in, okay? ”

Turning the golden knob of the door, Hermione felt her throat dry and her face pale. The vile shattered on the blood splattered tiles. “ Draco!? ”